Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Microsoft Windows 10

Microsoft Windows 10

Was surfing this morning before walking away from the PC.
    Came back this afternoon and I have a really attractive landscape on the screen but nothing else.
    I've tried pressing the mouse button, the space bar, Enter key, and nothing happens.
    Typical, Microsoft, "updates" the operating system without asking the user or telling the user what's happening.
    Inefficient OS constantly needing bux fixes, and Microsoft is one of the world's biggest IT companies.
    Anybody else think they're overrated?
    There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief

Tried Win.10 on a laptop 3 years ago....I hated it and flogged the lappy and bought an old Win 7 one...My music studio PC runs Win.7 too....Trouble is those wankers Microsoft are withdrawing support for it on 14 Jan.2020....Dreading it tbh....

Every time I try to use my tower, it's in "update" mode. WTF.
    Microsoft - What a crock of shit.
    Fecking useless company.
    People working there are stealing a living.
    I wish there was a viable alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Every time I try to use my tower, it's in "update" mode. WTF.
    Microsoft - What a crock of shit.
    Fecking useless company.
    People working there are stealing a living.
    I wish there was a viable alternative.
    I am a Mac user - have been since the old apple lle....and that was the mid 80’s baby..!

In the early/mid 90’s I had to use Microsoft (yuck) - first DOS - then the Dreaded Windows - for Autodesk 3D Studio Max - and became aware of just how backwards, bug ridden (stuck in an endless loop of driver updates etc etc) the entire process was. This was of course the go to system for computing at the time too.

Macs were only used by Graphic professionals mainly in ad agencies - which was where I spent much of my career.

The moment I was able to use Maya and more recently Cinema 4d on the Mac I ditched PC’s for good.

So between 2002 and this Christmas I haven’t been near one. That changed this January when work decided to get me a very powerful (mid range Ryzen 9 5950 series) Alienware PC - costing well over £5k ( graphics card at nearly £2k).

It lights up - cool... It’s pretty fast with rendering to be fair too - BUT it is a pile of unadulterated crap - because it is running windows 10..!!

I was beginning to think apple had lost it totally - Catalina etc - I was losing faith by in them.. but with the Windows 10 workstation sat next to the Mac - and it is more powerful - no argument - but I do not use the thing at all. It is a huge hunk of junk. Total waste of money - thankfully not mine.
    Last edited by Steveo; 22nd January 2021 at 10:40 AM.

My windows keeps trying to "update"

Every time it does, it has to "fix itself" on bios and doesn't update

aka fucked for some reason

Not really on topic of what you've said, but I agree i wish there was some competition which is actually decent and more mainstream. bit like nike-addidas

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    My windows keeps trying to "update"

Every time it does, it has to "fix itself" on bios and doesn't update

aka fucked for some reason

Not really on topic of what you've said, but I agree i wish there was some competition which is actually decent and more mainstream. bit like nike-addidas

Blame Bill...The dodgy fecker's buying up loads of farmland in the US and getting majorly involved with dodgy vaccines to worry about that crap Windows 10 bollocks!!.....
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaFDPK_N9tM

https://www.minitool.com/backup-tips/windows-10-sucks.html

As the latest operating system, Windows 10 has caught users’ attention worldwide because of its great change. Up to now, there are more than 800 million users using Windows 10.

Although Windows 10 is the most popular desktop operating system, many users still have major complaints about it since it always brings problems to them. For example, File Explorer is broken, VMWare compatibility issues happen, Windows updates delete user’s data, etc.

It is not good as expected and a variety of problems make many users frustrated. Perhaps you once upgraded to Windows 10 but rolled back to Windows 7/8 ultimately.

In the following part, we will walk you through some Windows 10 negative reviews in detail and you will clearly know why some users said Windows 10 is garbage.
    There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief

Windows 10 has been around for years.Never had one single problem with it
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Windows 10 has been around for years.Never had one single problem with it
    Lucky sod....

Windows eleven to look forward to next..