Page 76 of 76 FirstFirst ... 26666970717273747576

Thread: Captain

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    As per your first paragraph and Justmes point, I'd say that's not an outlandish claim at all.

If you've been paid millions in wages, seen your new manager bring you success on the pitch and the stadium been expanded.
    Be careful pissing of the heads of the organisation.
    spot on. My thoughts on ESL was that it was diabolical but the clubs had a cause. Why should UEFA and man in suits enjoy the majority of what a few bring to the table. The hypocrites for me in this whole thing was the players and TV channels and pundits who are all fleecing a living out of the football community. Hendo is on 160k a week or more. To kick a pigs bladder. And then he and others tried to act all noble about the ESL. At the end of the day FSG pay Hendo for him to kind of rise like that against the owners was noble but dangerous. His wages are paid by them???

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Hes 31 with 2 years left on his contract having picked up injuries in the last 2 seasons.
    Not exactly a priority to tie down imo and you dont want to be extending contracts if his wage demands are in the Gini/PSG zone.
    True.

Much as I am a huge fan of Hendo, I always have had an "in the cold light of day" streak as I never want us to stagnate too much and am always (for better or worse) looking to the future a bit.

Liverpool have sold a Club Captain a few weeks after winning a European Cup before. Time stands still for no man. I think he'll still be here next season and the season following, but would be apprehensive about giving out a £200,000 plus per week contract to someone in the Autumn (it's definitely not Winter yet) of their career generally speaking and in particular when we have the kind of club model we do, whether fans agree with that model or not.

The only reservation I would have is the increasing number of injuries he’s suffering.
    Getting to the stage where maybe not appearance based clauses could come into it but at least some sort of availability clause in there.
    Great guy to have around, real “coach on the pitch”.
    Difficult one, I’d much prefer to keep him to 35 if we can.