Page 68 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1858616263646566676869707172737475 ... LastLast

Thread: Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Wasn't we shit before?

Sure we miss him, but honestly not much difference

however i do think it shows how average and dependable the rest of the midfield is, apart from fabinho and a aging milner
    The 3 games we drew in December Fulham,West Brom and Newcastle he played centre mid. Form wasn't great but we were around the top iirc .Then 4th of January we got our first defeat of the season against Southampton when he played Centreback. Then every defeat since then he was either centre back or not playing.

To be fair to Captain fantastic and a fair few others, a great many of our issues were created by our trying to go tappy crappy, overplaying needlessly and trying to open teams up by 'picking the lock' rather than smashing their door down with a sledge hammer, we don't have the players, especially not in midfield to 'pick the lock' but we do have the players who have been devastatingly effective at smashing down the door with a sledgehammer

I have a degree/form of autism, I am very quick to see patterns of play and automation and equally as quick to see when those things change and whether they're good or bad, I don't like those things changing by my nature and I'll often point them out immediately, then 4-8 weeks later everyone else will be talking about the issues those changes created rather than the source of those issues.

I asked whether or not Hendo was carrying a thigh issue or he had been asked to stop playing the switches, centre to left and right and attempted balls over the top to either play Mane in particular in or for us to break down stubborn defences by winning the second ball from them and quickly forming another entirely unpredictable and impossible to read phase of attack from there as soon as he stopped playing those passes and we began overplaying.

We started the season playing as we had to win the Champions League and Premier League title and then we bizarrely started the overplaying tappy crappy garbage, it was really confusing, because all the movement, the forwards runs off the back of a defender, the midfielders movement to be in a position to win any second ball and the full backs movement from deeper positions to be found with switches or support the switch to Mane or Mo was all still there, so to me at least, ditching all of that was always going to cause the kind of issue we've had and break down automation built up over 3 seasons and play some players out of form or not play to their strengths.

We've had a lot of issues to deal with this season, but we made a lot of our own problems by fucking about with things that were still working brilliantly that should have been left well alone, VAR has been an issue this season too, there's no getting away from that, we're 12 points down from what we should have because of that and would and should be sitting second right now, in retrospect possibly higher because that also affected our form and results in other games there wasn't plain corrupt calls in
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Yep it’s all Klopp’s fault.

Allardyce was correct - he is a daft German.

EDIT: just read the bit about autistic Spectrum. I assume 19 you have Aspergers?
    Last edited by Steveo; 18th April 2021 at 02:01 PM.

SORELY missed in midfield, bossing it and all our other players and organising them, what the FUCK was that in the last 5 minutes v Newcastle? NINE of our outfield players in a line right a cross our box, only Mo up field, no-one going to pressure the ball and no-one to play out to to run it upfield, draw a foul, win a throw or belt it as far as they can out for a throw to them deep deep inside their half to see the time out

The rest of these lads need to step the fuck up and start communicating a fuck site more and leading

Agreed 19 we are missing Hendo and VVD from a leadership point of view.

Milner does the job well too but at his age he can’t play all the minutes he is a totally under rated player.

Energy also a factor.

We have lost 15 points in the last 15 mins of games this season. If we had even 5 of those points.....ach well.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Energy also a factor.

We have lost 15 points in the last 15 mins of games this season. If we had even 5 of those points.....ach well.
    Brighton away and West Brom were 6 of those points, but they were both corrupt VAR decisions, not a lack of energy

Only reinforces the importance of our lads finishing their chances a lot better, we must have dropped around 30 points this season from failing to take our chances in games that although we weren't as good as we were last season, we were by far the better side and dominated possession and chances

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Energy also a factor.

Yep, the last two games it has been painfully obvious. We were in total control of both games and come the last 20/15 minutes we're goosed.

A lot of mileage in the legs at the moment. Some of them need a proper break at the end of the season.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    Yep, the last two games it has been painfully obvious. We were in total control of both games and come the last 20/15 minutes we're goosed.

A lot of mileage in the legs at the moment. Some of them need a proper break at the end of the season.
    Another part of why Hendo's so sorely missed, when he plays our press and counter press is a lot better, we keep it a lot better and don't do as much of the energy sapping longer sprints and make the opposition have to do a lot more running

I was pleasantly surprised to find Hendo's very highly rated outside of our fanbase, i came across a youtube of 'Brilliant through balls and long balls' last night and Hendo's passing from No6 featured heavily in it, right up there with similar longer passes from Modric, DeBruyne and others and certainly didn't look out of place

Begs the question whose genius idea it was to go tappy crappy and stop him playing them

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Brighton away and West Brom were 6 of those points, but they were both corrupt VAR decisions, not a lack of energy

Only reinforces the importance of our lads finishing their chances a lot better, we must have dropped around 30 points this season from failing to take our chances in games that although we weren't as good as we were last season, we were by far the better side and dominated possession and chances
    Everton aswell. That was at the death. 2 pts robbed.