Page 64 of 76 FirstFirst ... 145457585960616263646566676869707174 ... LastLast

Thread: Captain

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Still our best midfield player and it’s not close. Proper passing from cb as well last night. We need him back in midfield though. Him Thiago and another. Be good if Fabinho could join them 2 in midfield for a spell.
    Well that says a lot then doesn't it pressing against who?? did spurs even attack much at all? they was awful, matip did well against kane before they both went off when spurs did attack they sliced through easily between the cb's a couple of times.

Give thiago a chance

Let me guess he's the reason we won 3-1 last night? lol

More like trent goal and assist and back to himself like many others was, I suppose that's all down to golden boy too.

He's good when the team is good, otherwise he's bang average as shown 4-5 games previous, there's been better captains...
    Last edited by Kev0909; 29th January 2021 at 07:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Well that says a lot then doesn't it pressing against who?? did spurs even attack much at all? they was awful, matip did well against kane before they both went off when spurs did attack they sliced through easily between the cb's a couple of times.

Give thiago a chance

Let me guess he's the reason we won 3-1 last night? lol

More like trent goal and assist and back to himself like many others was, I suppose that's all down to golden boy too.
    Pressing? Never mentioned any reason why we won. I said he’s still our best midfielder. More of a general observation than anything to do with last nights game. I can’t wait for him and Thiago and Fabinho to get into the Same midfield or even gini with Thiago and Henderson

Me too eggy, any three from those four would dominate just about any game they play.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Still our best midfield player and it’s not close. Proper passing from cb as well last night. We need him back in midfield though. Him Thiago and another.
    Correct, it isn't even close, and the passing from CB has made a big difference, I think of all Virgil's incredible attributes we've missed, his distribution from deep is one we've missed the most
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 31st January 2021 at 10:35 PM.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I wonder if Hendo's taking his coaching badges, could be a potential future LFC manager imo, his understanding of our current system, ability to organise and inspire the players to increasingly higher levels suggest he'd make a damned fine manager some day and his understanding of the game too, I'm losing count of the number of positions he's been used in by us and played to the required level or an exceptional level, to my recollection, including under past managers, LCB RCB RB DM LCM RCM CM RM

He reads the game fantastically well,so happy he is our captain, standards are very high with him around.

Still no update on his injury on the offal, on physioroom it says pelvic/groin no return date, I'm not optimistic at all, it looked like lower abdominal into groin, that's a long lay off 8-12 weeks I'd reckon and given 3 or four of our best major chances we've actually created in the last few games have come from Hendo at CB, playing long diagonals or balls over the top down the line, when we've had absolutely nothing from midfield, it's not good news

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I wonder if Hendo's taking his coaching badges, could be a potential future LFC manager imo, his understanding of our current system, ability to organise and inspire the players to increasingly higher levels suggest he'd make a damned fine manager some day and his understanding of the game too, I'm losing count of the number of positions he's been used in by us and played to the required level or an exceptional level, to my recollection, including under past managers, LCB RCB RB DM LCM RCM CM RM
    There has been a bit of talk on here about Gerrard eventually coming back to manage Liverpool one day, especially that his stock seems high. Although I think the level of the Scottish Prem is lower than the Championship. Ok rangers have done well, I haven't watched them. Anyone know how they actually play? Defensively tight,? Gung Ho? High Press? Possession based? Bog standard 4 2 3 1?

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    There has been a bit of talk on here about Gerrard eventually coming back to manage Liverpool one day, especially that his stock seems high. Although I think the level of the Scottish Prem is lower than the Championship. Ok rangers have done well, I haven't watched them. Anyone know how they actually play? Defensively tight,? Gung Ho? High Press? Possession based? Bog standard 4 2 3 1?
    Think he needs to cut his teeth in a more serious league than the SPL Souness is an absolute legend and won loads with Rangers before coming home and that didn't work out well at all

Souness very obvious dismay and upset and annoyance at the disgraceful officiating shows how much the club means to him

I think Hendo's season is done unfortunately, injured through that manc cunt Kavanagh allowing a foul of grabbing and pulling back to continue for fully 10 seconds without blowing up, never booked the cunt either