Page 15 of 76 FirstFirst ... 589101112131415161718192021222565 ... LastLast

Thread: Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Another incredible performance from MOTM Captain fantastic Hendo, a goal and an absolute crucial and brilliant assist through the eye of a needle for Bobby
    Brilliant again. He's been our player of the year. He never gives up and always wants the ball something kids should look up to.

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Thinking back to when he first arrived here, I was disappointed in him and also critical. Since then however he has improved tremendously and I see him as a complete midfielder. Early in his Liverpool career he seemed a bit lost and I recall him being unaware of what was going on around him. He has, obviously, grown and matured within the squad.
    Very true at the start
    Looked very nervous

Still a lot of silenteers not piping up with an "I was wrong" message

He thoroughly deserves credit now

And dont say he doesn't do it for England... because while gives a flying pig about that

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Brilliant again. He's been our player of the year. He never gives up and always wants the ball something kids should look up to.
    Defo. Id love to see him get club player and writers poty. What a year its been for him the last 12 months for him have been unreal. Still in 3 comps too. Going to get even better and he deserves every bit of praise and recognition hes getting.
    Another one for our list of best players in the world playing for LFC. Its never bad being a Liverpool fan but just how fucking good is it right now! Its mint.

Robbo on captain fantastic

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/384108-andy-robertson-lauds-jordan-henderson

Andy Robertson has highlighted the stunning form of Jordan Henderson and believes the captain has been 'driving' Liverpool forward this season.

Henderson once again impressed with a Man of the Match performance in Thursday’s 2-1 victory at Wolverhampton Wanderers.

The midfielder opened the scoring at Molineux early in the first half before delivering the assist for Roberto Firmino’s 84th-minute winner.

“Hendo, for me, this season has been different class,” Robertson told Liverpoolfc.com following the win. “He’s been one of, if not our best player this season.

“Sometimes over the years Hendo’s not got the credit that he deserves. But when you play with him, you train with him and see the way he acts off the field, it’s an absolute pleasure [for him] to be my captain and everyone’s captain.

“For us, he’s now getting the credit that he deserves and that’s what it’s all about for us because he’s getting the recognition that his performances deserve.

“And today just epitomises Jordan Henderson – the way he went about his business, the way he scored the goal and his assist.

“His all-round play the past couple of months has been second to none and he’s really driving us forward to the position we are in now.”

Henderson is leading a Liverpool side that sits 16 points clear at the top of the Premier League, while also possessing a game in hand on second-placed Manchester City.

And Jürgen Klopp’s trophy-hungry squad are leaving it all out on the pitch in fixture after fixture in order to deliver more silverware to Anfield this term.

Pos. P W D L GF GA GD Pts
    1 Liverpool 23 22 1 0 54 15 39 67
    2 Manchester City 24 16 3 5 65 27 38 51
    3 Leicester City 24 15 3 6 52 24 28 48
    “We are a team that don’t find excuses, we are a team that gets on with it,” Robertson stressed.

“Are there some games you go in tired? Are there some games you go in with an injury when you are playing with pain? Of course there are. But like I’ve said, we are going for something that’s never been done before.

“We are playing for a club that is a fantastic club to play for. The fans are really enjoying it, we are all enjoying it, so why wouldn’t we put ourselves out there?

“Pain barrier or tiredness, it’s just about breaking through the barriers and it’s about just giving your all for the badge and for your teammates in there – and that’s what all of us are doing just now.

“Then we rest and maybe hobble about for a couple of days and then we go again. It’s a fantastic group of boys in there, an honest group who work so hard for each other and that’s why we are getting the results just now.”

“For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting the other side.”
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    “Are there some games you go in tired? Are there some games you go in with an injury when you are playing with pain? Of course there are. But like I’ve said, we are going for something that’s never been done before."
    This IS interesting, sounds to me like the lads are going for every single trophy available to them, with all their focus on each next game, winning it, getting another vital 3 points or booking their progression to the next round and I would not bet against them achieving that, one game at a time, see where it takes us

A fine display

Over the last few months, he’s actually been Tremendserson!

Well played lad

The new modern xavi - pirlo

Pivi or Xirlo?
    Etiam si omnes, ego non