Page 66 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1656596061626364656667686970717273 ... LastLast

Thread: Captain

They are all businessmen at the end of the day. Steve Morgan claimed to be a true red and wanted to buy the club. When he was turned down, he goes and buys Wolves instead, which he has now sold, probably at a huge profit. All owners claim to be fans until they buy another club. They are not fans in the proper sense of the word.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Yes but they didn't stump up much last summer did they? Those deals were lauded because of the terms we got them on. Cheap.
    You'd asked about fees, I answered about fees with what I see reported about the place (though can never really guarantee the accuracy of things) via online media.

Think most of us would have preferred a little more business, though acquiring a forward (Jota) a midfielder (Thiago) and a back-up for a position where we lacked depth (Tsimikas) didn't look awful on paper. Granted we have hindsight now, but that's equally countered a bit by the injury list - people could have predicted some injuries, but I think how it has panned out for us is an outlier and we certainly wouldn't have anticipated being 5 points off Top Four after 25 games played.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    You'd asked about fees, I answered about fees with what I see reported about the place (though can never really guarantee the accuracy of things) via online media.

Think most of us would have preferred a little more business, though acquiring a forward (Jota) a midfielder (Thiago) and a back-up for a position where we lacked depth (Tsimikas) didn't look awful on paper. Granted we have hindsight now, but that's equally countered a bit by the injury list - people could have predicted some injuries, but I think how it has panned out for us is an outlier and we certainly wouldn't have anticipated being 5 points off Top Four after 25 games played.
    Yes you are right it didnt look awful and at the time pretty much all of us were happy, it is hindsight now saying we havent done enough but it is also true as the lack of strengthening goes back a long way before.
    This seasons plummet is a culmination of so many things. Transfers are just one piece but a big one at that.

On a point of information, Kabak was the CB Jurgen wanted in the summer, just saying like

I think it's fair to say that a lot more time with the rest of the lads and to get to grips with how we play and at a time when we were still playing well and not having been part of a German side having had an absolutely disastrous first half of their season would have seen him perform better in his first few performances for us
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Will be interesting to see how we do without our captain, can't do much worse mind.

talk he’s another one out for the rest of the season and might miss the euro’s.

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-DPG View Post
    talk he’s another one out for the rest of the season and might miss the euro’s.
    He will be out for the rest of the season, looked a lower abductor into groin injury from how he was moving, that's a really fucking nasty injury and long recovery, 12 weeks absolute minimum I'd reckon, so yes, out for the season and the Euros
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    On a point of information, Kabak was the CB Jurgen wanted in the summer, just saying like

I think it's fair to say that a lot more time with the rest of the lads and to get to grips with how we play and at a time when we were still playing well and not having been part of a German side having had an absolutely disastrous first half of their season would have seen him perform better in his first few performances for us
    Yes he was. Got refused the money for him, I remember the day we signed Jota it was reported Kabak was next.
    Seems the guy at Marsielle was his first choice this time though but couldn't get the deal done.
    Its a difficult situation for him, hes come to a team who are struggling and need him to perform immediately. Hes not getting the adjustment time most players get and theres scrutiny on him straight away. Doesn't help when the likes of Carra are highlighting him too. He should know better.

Hendo out for 10 weeks.. things just keep better and better!!
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

The season is just a complete write off. Every week something else.