Page 41 of 76 FirstFirst ... 3134353637383940414243444546474851 ... LastLast

Thread: Captain

Indeed, 19. I just want him to do more of it and be willing to take chances Wij or Hendo wouldn't, though our Cap's become noticeably better at it with time.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Jurgen seems to rate him .

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    I want him to more actively take the game by the scruff of the neck like Coutinho, Suarez or Stevie used to when it's not going terribly well. Try that Hollywood ball to Salah for the winner v Everton a bit more often.

Too early to judge if he has that.
    Isn't that captain fantastic's job?

and 19x you're that clued up and think firmino is on fine form, and gomez and fabinho are shit (you've changed your tune now though havn't you darling?)

very smart aren't you.

Short memory? you have problems in the head? forget easily?

Getting old mate?

Hendersons better than gerrard LOOOOLZ
    Last edited by Kev0909; 29th October 2020 at 09:51 PM.

Indeed, 19. I just want him to do more of it and be willing to take chances Wij or Hendo wouldn't, though our Cap's become noticeably better at it with time.
    What's the latest on him, will he be available for saturday ?
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

He's only had one and a half game so far because Richarlieson tried to knobble him in the derby, give the lad a chance

It's not even about taking risks, he can play balls that take 4 or 5 opposition players out of the game that aren't any kind of risk because they're not going to be intercepted leaving us open and his career to date has been filled with making such passes and he also has great switch balls and can make all the passes he does with either foot

Hendo did a superb job in developing his game to play the passes that were so integral to us last season and will be this, but Thiago's passing and vision and the disguise he uses constantly is well above that. Hendo developed his through continuity of formation and selection to connect the runs of our forwards and full backs, Thiago is very much more likely to produce the worldlies you're looking for regardless of selection or formation.

I've already seen a couple of games this season in which Hendo had the ball and is looking for the switch either side or ball over the top but the players he's looking for aren't there or making the same runs because of formation and selection changes so many games crammed in to a shorter season has forced on Jurgen

Take the Sheffield United game and our game midweek, our movement and positions as a fan you'd expect to see as surely as day follows night just wasn't there in either game, Sheffield United game Mane wasn't where we, Robbo or Hendo would expect to find Mane for 90% of the game and neither was Mo, we scored our 2 goals through the 10% (if that) of the game when Mane was where we'd expect him to be
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    If you think he's the best captain in 4 decades, over the likes of Hughes Souness Hansen and Gerrard, i think you need to give your head a wobble. You've surpassed yourself with that statement. The four i mentioned were consistently good from the moment they signed until the day they all left. If you think Henderson comes close to doing that, you must be his agent, or a relative.
    cant believe this debate is still going on.....
    win ratio

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/uefa-champions-league-liverpool-absence-jordan-henderson/16rpa76rrk2gt18tegku2d3x9q#:~:text=In%20the%2012%2 0games%20he,him%20it%2052.3%20per%20cent.

82.4 per cent
    In the 12 games he didn't appear, Klopp's side won seven games. With Henderson, Liverpool's win percentage is 82.4 per cent while without him it 52.3 per cent.8 Mar 2020

I bet if you go back in time you will see similar stats..

as Captains go ....those old boys were in the best team in the World at the time...and Henderson was the driving Force in the dressing room for a team that hadn't done something for 30 years???/

Why is it even a conversation?

Quote Originally Posted by shminkyred View Post
    cant believe this debate is still going on.....
    win ratio

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/uefa-champions-league-liverpool-absence-jordan-henderson/16rpa76rrk2gt18tegku2d3x9q#:~:text=In%20the%2012%2 0games%20he,him%20it%2052.3%20per%20cent.

82.4 per cent
    In the 12 games he didn't appear, Klopp's side won seven games. With Henderson, Liverpool's win percentage is 82.4 per cent while without him it 52.3 per cent.8 Mar 2020

I bet if you go back in time you will see similar stats..

as Captains go ....those old boys were in the best team in the World at the time...and Henderson was the driving Force in the dressing room for a team that hadn't done something for 30 years???/

Why is it even a conversation?
    I'm not saying Henderson didn't play a part in us getting the title, what i AM saying is, the 2 main reasons are Alisson and Van Dijk. The front 3 got the goals, but we had goalscorers in 2013-14, the difference is, that team couldn't defend. To listen to Nineteen, you'd think it was a one man show.
    Last edited by skyebo; 29th October 2020 at 11:13 PM.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Imagine having a prime gerrard in this team!

Don't knock gerrard because he had to play with shite most of the time, never as good team as this.

He won /dragged the team through games by himself, when has henderson done that?

2005 but i guess we can forget about that now too?

Oh also gerrard was better over a longer period- henderson nearly got swapped with dempsey... wouldn't look as good in a none klopp team IMO

Henderson isn't even the best midfielder here, thiago will prove that when fit, and a class above the rest.
    Last edited by Kev0909; 29th October 2020 at 11:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Imagine having a prime gerrard in this team!

Don't knock gerrard because he had to play with shite most of the time, never as good team as this.

He won /dragged the team through games by himself, when has henderson done that?
    But he's not.
    You'd need to be blind to see this Liverpool team is not as good with Henderson out of the team.
    Now we have Tiago there will be more options which is good for all the team.
    So stop bloody fighting over silly stuff !!

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    But he's not.
    You'd need to be blind to see this Liverpool team is not as good with Henderson out of the team.
    Now we have Tiago there will be more options which is good for all the team.
    So stop bloody fighting over silly stuff !!
    I don't know why certain people have to try and say X player was better than another.

Especially when it comes to gerrard, a legend a guy that dragged us through so many games, don't even compare him tbh completely different players

Pure short memory's and disrespect

Like I said in another thread this is the most complete squad i've seen in my life, well maybe a CB short, but tactics-wise how they all work with each other.. different times.

we might not be the same without henderson- but our midfield isn't really that special, with thiago it improves at least we're not a one man team anymore or are we? Henderson being the guy? I don't think so
    Last edited by Kev0909; 29th October 2020 at 11:21 PM.