Page 10 of 76 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516172060 ... LastLast

Thread: Captain

Quote Originally Posted by LFC vs PFC View Post
    There was a number of times where TAA bombed down the right and cut it back to Hendo, but he took an extra touch before putting it into the box, and by that point the chance had gone.
    I'm wondering if it was because he was playing DM?
    Earlier in the CP v Arsenal game there were so many absurdly overhit crosses. I'm not sure it can be just down to the lack of quality. It might have been extremely windy in London yesterday - maybe that influenced some of the decision making? TAA and Robbo both had some horrible crosses you normally don't see from them.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by LFC vs PFC View Post
    There was a number of times where TAA bombed down the right and cut it back to Hendo, but he took an extra touch before putting it into the box, and by that point the chance had gone.
    I'm wondering if it was because he was playing DM?
    I think it was windy in London yesterday saw that in the Palace/Arsenal game. Several players made uncharacteristic errors, it wasn't just Hendo, or him anymore than some other players, Tottenham's tactics had a bit to do with it too, they were letting our lads knock it around the back, then as the third or fourth pass went to our player they quickly moved to close all their options with 2 players bearing down on them too having previously not pressed those players, and set of double pressers on individual players a few times, so when they classily sidestepped one there was suddenly another player immediately on top of them. It was typical Mourinho, letting the better side have possession and trying to force an error, it was quite clever tactics, Wolves tried something similar in our recent game v them also, catches players out if you do it sporadically, so it's something they all have to learn from.

Robbo drives me mad for what you mentioned sometimes, he does it far too often for me, he gets the ball when he's got a little time (not loads) and space to take a quick touch and put the ball into the box early from a little deeper, whipping it over the first defender or through the channel, so it goes behind the other defenders and is bouncing and difficult to deal with, and he always takes another touch then passes it back or inside and we've quite often got Mane and Mo on the oppositions defensive line when he does it. I don't want him doing it all the time, but there are 3 or 4 times in a game when it's well on for him, and he doesn't try it
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

So well deserved... Can't ask for more

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/fir...er-of-the-year

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    So well deserved... Can't ask for more

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/fir...er-of-the-year
    Completely agree, it's an absolute travesty that he isn't England captain, well, he is really, just not officially, always seems like the leader out there whenever he plays

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Completely agree, it's an absolute travesty that he isn't England captain, well, he is really, just not officially, always seems like the leader out there whenever he plays
    Sir Harry Tosser is out until April/May. If Engurland have any games before then, Jordan should be captain.
    Unless of course, whiter than white Sterling is given any token armbands.
    There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Sir Harry Tosser is out until April/May. If Engurland have any games before then, Jordan should be captain.
    Unless of course, whiter than white Sterling is given any token armbands.
    There's a few ahead of Sterling regarding the captaincy. In any case, Henderson is the named vice captain so no reason why anyone else would get it in Kane's absence.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Travesty?
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Absolutely fucking superb again today, just shaded for MOTM by Big Virgil and desperately unlucky not to score with De Gea making a brilliant save to tip his effort onto the post

Absolutely fucking superb again today, just shaded for MOTM by Big Virgil and desperately unlucky not to score with De Gea making a brilliant save to tip his effort onto the post
    Yes he was, and I thought he was the right choice to get MOTM.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Yes he was, and I thought he was the right choice to get MOTM.
    Did he get it ? Thought the midfield 3 were just behind Virgil today but still no contest for motm.
    Gomez did pretty well, but with all 4 virgil covered them admirably.