Page 11 of 76 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617182161 ... LastLast

Thread: Captain

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Did he get it ? Thought the midfield 3 were just behind Virgil today but still no contest for motm.
    Gomez did pretty well, but with all 4 virgil covered them admirably.
    Yes CCTV, Geoff Shreeves asked Salah to give him his award after interviewing them both.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Cool Skyebo, bit surprised

Really pleased the pundits gave Hendo MOTM, it was neck and neck between him and Virgil for me, I gave it Virgil because he was imperious as ever, got the vital first goal and I think he gets overlooked because he is so damned good, it's just expected
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Hendo, absolute legend

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/383434-mohamed-salah-henderson-reaction-liverpool-manchester-united

Henderson, though, was adamant the players cannot allow the situation to influence the way they approach the remainder of the campaign.

“We’re not really thinking about the end. Why should we change now? Why think about the end of the season?” the captain, named Man of the Match, said.

“There are still a lot of games left; we have taken it each game [at a time] for a long time now and it has put us in good stead. So there is no need to change.

“The crowd were unbelievable again today. For us as players, it’s the next game, the next challenge – the Premier League is tough, there are some tough teams. United played well at times today but, overall, I felt we deserved the three points.”

He added: “It is special, we’re enjoying our football but you’ve got to stay hungry, you’ve got to keep learning and keep wanting more. To be fair, this group of players wants to do that.

“Of course, the manager is on us all the time to improve and we know we can certainly improve. It’s about every single day, keep going and keep going until the end of the season.”

Henderson plus cash for Dempsey.

So glad that didn't happen!
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Henderson plus cash for Dempsey.

So glad that didn't happen!
    Shudder....!!
    Offender Of The Offended...!!

It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!

If Henderson was playing like he is doing now, back then, they wouldn't have considered it. It's only because our owners wouldn't pay the extra for Dempsey that it didn't happen. No-one would have batted an eyelid if Henderson was sold. In all the time he's been here, he has only scored 15 more goals than Van Dijk in 250 more games.
    Last edited by skyebo; 20th January 2020 at 11:39 PM.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    If Henderson was playing like he is doing now, back then, they wouldn't have considered it. It's only because our owners wouldn't pay the extra for Dempsey that it didn't happen. No-one would have batted an eyelid if Henderson was sold. In all the time he's been here, he has only scored 15 more goals than Van Dijk in 250 more games.
    I would have, he was always under rated, once he settled he got 6 goals 2012-2013, 5 goals 2013-2014 and 7 goals 2014-2015 and numerous assists in each of those seasons, 12 being his best I believe, better returns than Alonso or Mascherano and decent returns for a box to box midfielder who is doing a lot of winning the ball and defending too and who isn't taking penalties or set pieces, as ever, it wasn't good enough or was under rated by too many people because he wasn't Gerrard. Coutinho's best was only 13 goals and he was playing like a forward for most of that and taking free kicks, Gerrard got 10, 14 and 13 in those seasons, but was taking pens and free kicks and again playing a more attacking role.

The goalscoring midfielder thing is a myth, most of them don't score many goals at all, in any team, the ones who get high numbers of goals and assists are most commonly operating more as a forward and taking penalties and set pieces while other midfielders in their team are doing a lot more of the tackling, defending and closing down to support them having the freedom to do that. Just as our current midfielders support our full backs to play a lot higher up and make the amazing contributions they do.

That being said, I believe there's a lot more to come from Robbo and Trent, it's more difficult for Trent to get goals or slot through balls through the channel because how we play closes the channel between LB and LCB most of the time, Robbo however regularly finds himself in positions to put balls through the channel or drive through the channel or be found in the channel and score, as he should have in our recent game v Spurs and have at least had the crack in a fair few others, so as I say often in the Trent and Robbo thread, I think he needs to work on producing more from these situations, as how we set up supports him being in a forwards or attacking midfielders position frequently in games, far more frequently than our set up allows our midfielders to get in those positions, we/he have to take advantage of that and make more of those situations at times.

That then goes back to the finishing from distance thread, although Robbo's situations are often from 10-12 yards out, the pass to find a team mate from those positions in the channel is quite often blocked, so half the time his best option is to take the shot on, going across the keeper hard and low on the deck to the far corner making sure he hits the target and whacking it so if the keeper saves it's parried out for one of the forwards the pass to was blocked to poke home, or just smash it high into the top corner near post I think there's a lot more to come
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 21st January 2020 at 05:54 AM.

Lol hilarious video of Hendo

Brilliant - Just wish De Gea hadn't tipped that super strike by Jordan on Sunday onto the post ( what a save BTW ) - then Hendo could have done the underpants reveal ( with the word BUMMED in red ) and walk away...

Now that would be something...