Page 14 of 76 FirstFirst ... 47891011121314151617181920212464 ... LastLast

Thread: Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    All our midfielders play better with Hendo in the team, Keita had struggled and suddenly clicked when Hendo cam in at RCM last season and they've all played better since he's been playing at No6 in Fabinho's absence, because, he's the boss
    Hes integral now and people on other lfc outlets are talking about him in terms of pl player of the year and if not a serious contender.

Do you think hes improved since summer 2018 ? Or just playing to the same level and getting the appreciation now?

I think he has come on a lot since summer 2018, getting dropped sort of last year and coming back in at rcm noticeable imo and lifting no6 would be 2 times I think weve seen him go up a level.
    One due to competition for places and him fighting for his, the other being anointed with a big trophy and the confidence and hunger that instilled in everyone in ways.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Hes integral now and people on other lfc outlets are talking about him in terms of pl player of the year and if not a serious contender.

Do you think hes improved since summer 2018 ? Or just playing to the same level and getting the appreciation now?

I think he has come on a lot since summer 2018, getting dropped sort of last year and coming back in at rcm noticeable imo and lifting no6 would be 2 times I think weve seen him go up a level.
    One due to competition for places and him fighting for his, the other being anointed with a big trophy and the confidence and hunger that instilled in everyone in ways.
    I think everyone's improved including Hendo as from page 12

I'm not knocking Fabinho in any way shape or form, that's what building a squad of top players with different attributes to all push each other, work really fucking hard to evolve and improve their individual games and the teams play is all about, players come in and perform better or change a dynamic helping the team perform better, then the other players watch, learn, work hard and develop and raise the bar again. I think Fabinho is a top top player, I still think when he plays we need Hendo in the line up with him as he doesn't orchestrate the press as well ,read it as well or make the play as well as Hendo does all those things and needs the support of Hendo and I'm sure Fabinho will have been watching Hendo's immense displays and he'll be made to watch videos of them and comparisons to his own game and he'll be pushing hard to raise the bar again.

It's a testament to all our players hard work and the evolution of the team also, better pressing from the team collectively, each player getting better at taking positions off each other in pressing and counter pressing, better movement and use of the pockets for Hendo to have options to make the play as he has been doing, when that wasn't anywhere near the level it is now when he was last at No6 last season, and he'd so often look up and not have an option and be forced to play sideways or backwards.

In some games, particularly those when the opposition are a top top side and have a top top class attacking threat on their left, and midfielders who like to try and sit and dictate play the combination of Hendo and Fabinho is essential, Hendo makes sure he's helping out on our right and covering that space in behind Fabinho while Fabinho's working further forward with Bobby absolutely destroying the CM's of the opposition.

I think Hendo at No6 helps all our other midfielders play better, it's going to be interesting when Fabinho comes back in, because it's a different dynamic and will be a different way of playing, the way I see it at present is the Hendo covers Gini and particularly our RCM to be more attacking and Gini or the RCM covers Hendo when he picks the right moment to press high anywhere across the line, when Fabinho plays, he plays a lot more central, it's very rare you see him helping out at either full back position in any game and he plays further forward, so Gini and Hendo are a bit more restricted to their fixed positions and aware they have to cover the hole Fabinho pressing so high leaves, so the midfield and our play is less fluid. That dynamic changes again when Matip plays, because he reads the game brilliantly and will often be looking to move into the space Fabinho leaves to tackle on opposition mid
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Thinking back to when he first arrived here, I was disappointed in him and also critical. Since then however he has improved tremendously and I see him as a complete midfielder. Early in his Liverpool career he seemed a bit lost and I recall him being unaware of what was going on around him. He has, obviously, grown and matured within the squad.

A fine display

Just look at all the different areas of the pitch Hendo contributes in during a single game, it's both inspiring and incredible, this short highlights youtube of his contributions in just Sunday's game has more top quality in it than the vast majority of midfielders show reels made up of their very best bits over an entire season

And again simply awesome in the WCC final

"Henderson wasn't born, he was quarried"

Aah Tommy Smith..
    Hard as nails he was - and looked it..

Good snippet on Hendo and Klopp’s influence.

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2020/0...tional-season/

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Aah Tommy Smith..
    Hard as nails he was - and looked it..

Good snippet on Hendo and Klopp’s influence.

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2020/0...tional-season/
    I saw that, a very fine and accurate article, most of this is taken from a Guardian article I believe

Always said hed become a good player. Even when he was being slated. May have wavered once or twice after very bad performances but I didnt expect him to teach his current level. There were great signs of his ability in the Suarez team.

Another incredible performance from MOTM Captain fantastic Hendo, a goal and an absolute crucial and brilliant assist through the eye of a needle for Bobby

Another incredible performance from MOTM Captain fantastic Hendo, a goal and an absolute crucial and brilliant assist through the eye of a needle for Bobby
    Joetan gave him motm - a special honour