Page 20 of 76 FirstFirst ... 101314151617181920212223242526273070 ... LastLast

Thread: Captain

Missed

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    Missed
    It's pretty straight forward Dicko, if a player is in a position of a player who is out through a forced absence and in that position the player is in POTY form and his presence there has overseen a huge evolution in how the team plays and it's ability to win games and the team's been playing better with him there, you don't take him out as soon as the other player's back, if at all
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Captain fantastics record at No6 this season all competitions

P12 W12 D0 L0 GF24 GA2 - clean sheets 10 - times our press or counter press was broken - 2 or 3

At No6 Premier League only Goals 2 Assists 4 big chances created 8 in 10 games

Completed long passes around 80

Massive miss, desperately need him back ASAP

The biggest "obviousness" since hes been out how really slow we've been at getting the ball forward. Our counters have been few and far between.

Erm we created zero in Madrid and made Norwich look like friggin Barca at times.. We haven’t played well for a while and Hendo was part of that.

We missed him today - no doubt - BUT that was not why we lost.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    The biggest "obviousness" since hes been out how really slow we've been at getting the ball forward. Our counters have been few and far between.
    True but for me - Great teams don’t rely on counters.

Team is smashed mentally - Fatigued - and cant blame them ..FFS it has been coming - so obvious. We have been scraping past shite sides and making them look shit hot.

Yeah it wasnt why we lost for sure, we have missed him since hes been out. Today was just pretty much the ten outfield players having their worst games all season. Especially as a collective but as it's been said a ton already it had been coming for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    It's the complete lack of good distribution and playmaking ability in his absence that has been painfully obvious, people don't give him nearly enough credit, his playmaking has been absolutely superb, as good as I've seen from any player in a Liverpool shirt, it's what I call the 'snapshot' he can look up and instantly see the right ball, that might be the ball over the top for LFWD or RFWD, the switch left or right for either full back, the switch left or right for either LFWD or RFWD, or nothing much on but we have an overload one side, play the longer ball over the top and if it's cleared we'll likely win the second ball or our player gets in front of the defender to lay it off and we start from there, he's been absolutely out of this world and I simply would not have moved him from No6.

He brought fluidity to our midfield 3 and made it incredibly difficult for teams to set up to counter against us because he introduced the rotation of the positions of our midfield 3 when he was at No6 and that made the press and counter press absolutely sensational, all 3 midfielders would rotate through the positions throughout games and cover each others positions and take their counter press positions off whichever player was pressed highest

Fabinho's our high destroyer No6 to stop sides who are better than us with the ball making the play from deep in combination with Bobby when Hendo and Gini sit a little deeper of him, we didn't need him for any of the games he was brought back in for, including Atletico, because we were going to have most of the ball, against City, Barcelona, hell yes we need him, he's essential, but in most games his poor range of passing and distribution sees us struggle to create and makes our midfield too rigid and easy to set up to counter off.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    True but for me - Great teams don’t rely on counters.

Team is smashed mentally - Fatigued - and cant blame them ..FFS it has been coming - so obvious. We have been scraping past shite sides and making them look shit hot.
    Agree. Ive thought for weeks now that I want it done and dusted asap as we have been getting away with it for ages. Need it done so our nerves aren't shredded.
    Imagine if we were only a few points clear, we'd be past ourselves