Page 22 of 76 FirstFirst ... 121516171819202122232425262728293272 ... LastLast

Thread: Captain

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Fabinho needs these games to bed himself back in the man is quality his form will return.

We cant do anything about the Henderson injury but carry on hopefully he is back for Athletico.

Some people are losing their heads we are still in the mix for 3 trophies and if honest at the start of the season "only" winning the league will make me a very happy man.

We will be back we are too good not to.
    I'm not losing my head, I warned about changing the midfield and bringing Fabinho straight back in when fit because the team had evolved in his absence and he doesn't have the distribution Hendo had provided and he doesn't facilitate our midfield 3 rotating positions throughout games to make us more fluid and he doesn't play right across the line across the entire width of the pitch.

From what I have seen and it really stunned me, Henderson is our undisputed No6 by a considerable distance, Fabinho's for games like City or Barca and other teams who are going to have more of the ball and try and pass you to death as a high destroyer, in today's game it was like how teams have played against City's full backs this season when Fabinho had the ball, nobody bothering to press them, like, ok you have it, what are you going to do with it? In games in which we're going to dominate the ball or have most of it, we need a No6 who can pass the damned thing more than 10 yards
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Fabinho needs these games to bed himself back in the man is quality his form will return.

We cant do anything about the Henderson injury but carry on hopefully he is back for Athletico.

Some people are losing their heads we are still in the mix for 3 trophies and if honest at the start of the season "only" winning the league will make me a very happy man.

We will be back we are too good not to.
    I'm rather similar. Bit snobbish about the fa cup, if we win it great if not I'm not bothered.

The league will be enough. But we've a great opportunity to retain our cl title.

What's pissed me off was our performance and post match reaction v Atletico. Today should right that as it was a case of so many errors and poor patterns.

Im not saying you are wrong about Henderson you are not on your own ive known for 5-6 years how good he is.

Im talking people saying Lovren was awful he needs to go etc my point is he has played 9 OL games we have W8 L1 and secondly you arent getting a 4th CB better than him.

Today we got hammered I am not going to whine about it as these things happen.

@19 hendo had put in huge amounts of effort in recent weeks and months. I suggested resting him for Norwich and having him primed for Atletico.
    It's a bit much imo to suggest that his injury is down to playing at rcm.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Erm we created zero in Madrid and made Norwich look like friggin Barca at times.. We haven’t played well for a while and Hendo was part of that.

We missed him today - no doubt - BUT that was not why we lost.
    No, the not playing well started v Southampton, we ended up winning 4-0 but could easily have lost that game, all of a sudden our press and counter press was being broken easily when it had rarely been broken at all in the previous 8 Premier League games and that's where the players making the runs they'd been making for the last 2 months and had been being found in were suddenly making them and not being picked out. There's a considerable difference between having Hendo in the team at RCM No8 and at No6 in how much he can use the distribution he showed at No6 to influence the game and his orchestrating the press and counter press and playing across the entire width and length of the pitch

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    I'm rather similar. Bit snobbish about the fa cup, if we win it great if not I'm not bothered.

The league will be enough. But we've a great opportunity to retain our cl title.

What's pissed me off was our performance and post match reaction v Atletico. Today should right that as it was a case of so many errors and poor patterns.
    Agree, not that arsed about the FA cup. Wouldn't be bothered if plenty of starters are given a rssr and the likes of Orgi,Mino,Shaq,Jones etc play.
    You're right about the reaction. It should have been against west ham.

For those who are feeling a little glum after that loss, myself included, let's remember this.

Four years ago our rivals were laughing at us for finishing 8th in the League.

Indeed, in 15/16 we lost ten League games.

Any rival fans laughing tonight are delighted that Liverpool lost their second League game of the last sixty-six League games.

Let's see what can be done against Chelsea in the Cup that we're still in.

Let's see if we can beat Bournemouth, which would leave us just three wins away from a LEAGUE TITLE.

Then let's get the side ready for Atletico at the Cathedral where our worshippers have so much influence.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    @19 hendo had put in huge amounts of effort in recent weeks and months. I suggested resting him for Norwich and having him primed for Atletico.
    It's a bit much imo to suggest that his injury is down to playing at rcm.
    Why is it? For 2 months he'd been orchestrating the press and counter press and the midfield had been more fluid and rotating positions to cover each other to conserve energy, be more fluid and stop each other having to make numerous long sprints during games to get back, because the press and counter press were rarely ever broken and if a player was furthest forward pressing, another player was deeper covering that area, so they made the odd sprint over a much shorter distance. 2 months your body gets used to playing a certain way, Henderson for all the ground he covered rarely had to hit a full sprint at any time in that 2 months

Then. enter Fabinho, no midfield rotation, players positions in midfield more definitely fixed, Fabinho isn't a true Dm and doesn't play right across the line and he is the most guilty of allowing our press and counter press to be broken, so suddenly, because he's not covering the space behind them, LCM and RCM are making more full on sprints a game over a longer distance

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    True but for me - Great teams don’t rely on counters.

Team is smashed mentally - Fatigued - and cant blame them ..FFS it has been coming - so obvious. We have been scraping past shite sides and making them look shit hot.
    Steveo I think the first time I have agreed with you in 12 years 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Why is it? For 2 months he'd been orchestrating the press and counter press and the midfield had been more fluid and rotating positions to cover each other to conserve energy, be more fluid and stop each other having to make numerous long sprints during games to get back, because the press and counter press were rarely ever broken and if a player was furthest forward pressing, another player was deeper covering that area, so they made the odd sprint over a much shorter distance. 2 months your body gets used to playing a certain way, Henderson for all the ground he covered rarely had to hit a full sprint at any time in that 2 months

Then. enter Fabinho, no midfield rotation, players positions in midfield more definitely fixed, Fabinho isn't a true Dm and doesn't play right across the line and he is the most guilty of allowing our press and counter press to be broken, so suddenly, because he's not covering the space behind them, LCM and RCM are making more full on sprints a game over a longer distance
    What is Fabinho if not a cdm ?
    Right back?