Page 39 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2932333435363738394041424344454649 ... LastLast

Thread: Captain

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    I was not aware of Roy Keane's early influence on Hendo
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53900926
    Really good, interesting article.
    The boy's done well!

Absolutely superb as ever tonight, was involved in absolutely every piece of play in which we actually looked like Liverpool, teed Mane up perfectly for his header the keeper could only parry for Bobby's tap in and Mane 2 further times with deliveries that people would be creaming their pants over if bacon face had put them in, when Mane really should have scored
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

That cross to Mane that led to our opener, what a delivery, in the box late on to make a crucial interception, and after the incident of Mane gifting the bitters possession to net their equaliser trying a needless no look flick when we were leading and just had to keep it, i particularly loved the bit in the last 10 when Hendo had just been down after being accidentally raked and carried the ball 25 yards down our left past 3 of their players well into their half before laying it off simply and making sure we kept it, not for everyone, but i loved it

He's no Quaresma
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Both extremely impressive acts, 19x. I loved them.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Champions League, Premier League, World Club Championship and European Super Cup winning captain Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Immense tribute from Robbo's new book highlighting the huge influence Captain fantastic Hendo has on making sure this team and squad and everyone in it is at their very best

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/410215-andy-robertson-hendo-s-example-was-so-powerful-for-us-all

Robbo absolutely nails it for me, it is of course a question of personal preference and belief of what makes a great captain, but me, I'll take the guy who can inspire the other 10 players to perform to their very highest levels and give them the belief to keep going and going and going to ensure so many back to back to back to back victories than the superstar player who can single handedly win so many games with pure brilliance, but doesn't inspire the same huge raise in the levels and consistency in all the other players
    Everyone has their opinion, i go with honesty and what i see and what our players have to say, not the bitter ramblings of those who loathe the best Captain this great club has had in 4 decades because he was appointed captain after Stevie

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Everyone has their opinion, i go with honesty and what i see and what our players have to say, not the bitter ramblings of those who loathe the best Captain this great club has had in 4 decades because he was appointed captain after Stevie
    If you think he's the best captain in 4 decades, over the likes of Hughes Souness Hansen and Gerrard, i think you need to give your head a wobble. You've surpassed yourself with that statement. The four i mentioned were consistently good from the moment they signed until the day they all left. If you think Henderson comes close to doing that, you must be his agent, or a relative.
    Last edited by skyebo; 29th October 2020 at 04:01 AM.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    If you think he's the best captain in 4 decades, over the likes of Hughes Souness Hansen and Gerrard, i think you need to give your head a wobble. You've surpassed yourself with that statement. The four i mentioned were consistently good from the moment they signed until the day they all left. If you think Henderson comes close to doing that, you must be his agent, or a relative.
    3 decades

No Captain could be as great as Gerrard. He is the best!!!

Unfortunately he's not playing under our current team.

Klopp will make someone average look good, someone good look great, someone great look world class.

See where are coutinho and Can now. So far no one leave him and play better football.
    Last edited by Joetan991; 29th October 2020 at 07:21 AM.