Page 40 of 76 FirstFirst ... 3033343536373839404142434445464750 ... LastLast

Thread: Captain

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    If you think he's the best captain in 4 decades, over the likes of Hughes Souness Hansen and Gerrard, i think you need to give your head a wobble. You've surpassed yourself with that statement. The four i mentioned were consistently good from the moment they signed until the day they all left. If you think Henderson comes close to doing that, you must be his agent, or a relative.
    The best player doesn't make for the best captain, Gerrard was an absolutely phenomenal player i don't think he was a great captain, he'd have done the things he did regardless and we'd have been better with another player with better organisational skills to make sure everyone was doing their part better imo

The others were all great players but not the best players in the team, the best captains though, they were also all handpicked at a time when we had the pick of the very best players as the market was then, to join what was already by far the best team in the land
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

if henderson was that good he'd stand out more

One of these players that runs a lot- well guess what most of the midfield do you're just obsessed with him

Saying henderson better than gerrard is like saying firmino better than suarez

Good job wij came on for him the other day to turn the game around

lolz

Also thiago so far, even in a few glimpses when he has played has showed quality...

It's amazing because we've not had that quality in midfield for ages, and he stands out so much because of it.

Time will tell if he can apply himself. I'd want him to get involved a bit more.
    Last edited by Balinkay; 29th October 2020 at 02:07 PM.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Time will tell if he can apply himself. I'd want him to get involved a bit more.
    Thiago's top top quality, can't wait for us to have a run with him and Hendo in the midfield 3

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    if henderson was that good he'd stand out more

One of these players that runs a lot- well guess what most of the midfield do you're just obsessed with him
    A lot of people are obsessed with deriding him and not giving him the credit he deserves and if you think all he does is run a lot and are a football fanatic, i genuinely feel very sorry for you, to love the game so dearly, yet to have such an incredibly limited appreciation and understanding of it 'lolz'

You actually already demostrated that with Thiago in your inability to differentiate between a 'no look' pass and a exemplary player knowing exactly where a team mate is and using 'disguise' on virtually every pass he makes.
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 29th October 2020 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Thiago's top top quality, can't wait for us to have a run with him and Hendo in the midfield 3
    He is. I'm just afraid that from what I've seen he won't quite do what I hoped he would. Though I'm sure spending a bit more time with the lads will make it easier for him.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

He is. I'm just afraid that from what I've seen he won't quite do what I hoped he would. Though I'm sure spending a bit more time with the lads will make it easier for him.
    Ok, what is it you were hoping for/expecting from him you're afraid he won't do?

Time will tell, i'm the other way, from first outing to second outing i thought there was already great signs of him rapidly adapting to the subtle nuances between our press and Bayern's, and passing and creativity wise and his playing almost every pass with disguise to afford the player receiving it just a fraction more time and the different types of passing facilitating more runs and variation of movement from our forward full backs and other mids, i think he'll prove to be exactly what we need

I want him to more actively take the game by the scruff of the neck like Coutinho, Suarez or Stevie used to when it's not going terribly well. Try that Hollywood ball to Salah for the winner v Everton a bit more often.

Too early to judge if he has that.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

I want him to more actively take the game by the scruff of the neck like Coutinho, Suarez or Stevie used to when it's not going terribly well. Try that Hollywood ball to Salah for the winner v Everton a bit more often.

Too early to judge if he has that.
    He has a career history of playing such balls, taking 4 or 5 opposition players seemingly in good positions out of the game. It is noticable here and always has been to be fair, that the majority of people seem to drastically under appreciate the value of the pass before the assist, it's always all about the scorer and the player who assisted when quite often the assist and scoring should be easy and is made easy by the ball that released the player to assist

Thiago's ball for Bayern's opener in the Champions League final made that goal possible, but to many don't give such things due recognition or appreciation, not out of place to be talking about this in this thread either