Page 45 of 76 FirstFirst ... 3538394041424344454647484950515255 ... LastLast

Thread: Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    You could be on to something there Stevie, it appears it might be something to do with being a Scouser for some, but for everyone else, they have to bring home the BIG ones numerous times
    Plenty of our undisputed club legends aren't Scousers but we all have our biases.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    They beat a decent team in the final of the WCC, but like every other english team that's qualified for it, they are virtually given a bye as they play a team that many league one and league two team would have no trouble disposing of. This team will be remembered for winning the title after 30 years wait, but they are a long way off doing what those 80s teams did. If you want to use the term "legends" that's up to you. I will wait and see if the trophies continue or they were a one season wonder regarding the title.
    I believe the trophies absolutely will continue, such is the mentality and constant striving for improvement and evolution within this squad, as for one season wonders 17-18 Champions League final, 18-19 Champions League winners and League title runners up by a single point despite being the best side, the team that won it having been the beneficiaries of a few very bad calls in their favour, 19-20 Premier League Champions, hardly a flash in the pan is it?

As for the CWC, that's been the same for decades yet none of our other finalists manage to land it
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I believe the trophies absolutely will continue, such is the mentality and constant striving for improvement and evolution within this squad, as for one season wonders 17-18 Champions League final, 18-19 Champions League winners and League title runners up by a single point despite being the best side, the team that won it having been the beneficiaries of a few very bad calls in their favour, 19-20 Premier League Champions, hardly a flash in the pan is it?

As for the CWC, that's been the same for decades yet none of our other finalists manage to land it
    I said one season wonders regarding winning the title, nothing else.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

They're already legends, they're our first ever team to ever win the club World Club Championship and the only British team to ever be the holders of their domestic title, the Champions League, the CWC and European Super Cup simultaneously, one of only 7 teams to have achieved the feat, all legendary teams in their eras Porto, Ajax, Juventus, Real Madrid, Barcelona and Bayern Munich (except Porto ) and broke practically every record going in the process, really should already be double Premier League winners, we all know they were blatantly robbed in the 18-19 season and UAE FC know it too

Edit: I do find it curious that certain players can according to some people be labelled legends, despite having landed just one of THE big trophies in all their time at the club, yet others who have been more successful in winning THE big trophies and bringing home trophies we've never won before and joining the prestigious list of just 7 clubs who achieved the feat mentioned earlier, according to some, can't yet be, very curious indeed
    Haven't won a big double as nice as it was to hold all those titles at the same time temporarily over 2 seasons.

Ps Big Sami is a non-scouse of leged

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Haven't won a big double as nice as it was to hold all those titles at the same time temporarily over 2 seasons.

He is one of a handful of players who deserved a title. Consistently good throughout his time here, Carragher Gerrard and Fowler deserved one too.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Absolutely, he WAS a defender who had 3 or 4 of the qualities I was asking Tees about, he was a phenomenal defender, THe best defender we had for the entire period between Mark Wirght and Virgil and by a distance, had he been blessed with pace also he would have been an all time great of the game, that goal v Juventus too

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    He is one of a handful of players who deserved a title. Consistently good throughout his time here, Carragher Gerrard and Fowler deserved one too.
    None of the spice boys deserved a title, had they been as dedicated as our current squad they could have won one comfortably, exceptional talent without the drive, dedication, determination and selflessness isn't enough. And before you go off on one, my landlord at the time of the 'spice boys' tag was a journo and had a couple of friends who wrote for the football mags who did interviews at the training ground during that period and the 'spice boys' label was very much deserved

Do you just hate players from LIverpool 19

Do you just hate players from LIverpool 19
    Not at all, the reports from those doing the interviews were players loafing around the club house, drinking, gambling and generally treating it like a 1980's working mans club, no wonder they won fuck all.

Not at all, the reports from those doing the interviews were players loafing around the club house, drinking, gambling and generally treating it like a 1980's working mans club, no wonder they won fuck all.
    Wasnt that the culture of the day