Page 50 of 76 FirstFirst ... 4043444546474849505152535455565760 ... LastLast

Thread: Captain

Absolutely superb again tonight, instrumental as ever
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

What a performance, he’s going to be very very difficult to replace

He was my MOTM,what he brings to the team is amazing.

Superb tonight

Absolutely top draw last. Another game that dispels the myth he's a technically limited crab.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Wij was better and Motm

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Wij was better and Motm
    Robertson was also better and got the official MOTM.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    Absolutely top draw last. Another game that dispels the myth he's a technically limited crab.
    He was excellent last night and even showed a rare bit of quick feet to get out of a triangle of Wolves..

That said - it was absolutely the truth to say he was technically lacking in past seasons, because he was. Klopp even went out and brought in multiple players for the role which points to that very reality. The fact they haven't displaced him is testimony to Hendo's will and Klopp's effect on him.

In the last 2 years he has come on a ton.

If player x is technically wanting and average for 4 years and people call him average - then he improves massively in year 5 and 6 - saying he was always technically great....would be well wide of the mark. Just as daft as pretending that Bobby is on fire right now.

Created our first 2 goals, had a huge hand in the third with a short corner to Mo with a run to take 2 Wolves defenders away from Mo to give him more time to cross

Hendo was immense as ever last night, absolutely world class, i don't expect most to appreciate the finer points of his display, whenever he passed it his movement was incredibly calculated and astute, to open up passes and movement for everyone else, just moving Wolves players around juyst a yard or two like a chess game knowing where every single player on the pitch was, it was the very height of footballing intelligence and awareness
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    He was excellent last night and even showed a rare bit of quick feet to get out of a triangle of Wolves..

That said - it was absolutely the truth to say he was technically lacking in past seasons, because he was. Klopp even went out and brought in multiple players for the role which points to that very reality. The fact they haven't displaced him is testimony to Hendo's will and Klopp's effect on him.

In the last 2 years he has come on a ton.

If player x is technically wanting and average for 4 years and people call him average - then he improves massively in year 5 and 6 - saying he was always technically great....would be well wide of the mark. Just as daft as pretending that Bobby is on fire right now.
    I understand what you're getting at but he's either always been technically proficient or he hasnt. You dont suddenly become Pele overnight. I dont think the technical side of the game changes much for players. You develop the mental side of things, gain more confidence and expereince, you gain a better understanding of the game etc.

I dont think he's the best player in the world or that his technical skills are even THAT good but he's definitely a better footballer than most have ever given him credit for. He's now at an age and in an environment that he can truely flourish and show off his ability.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side