Page 60 of 76 FirstFirst ... 105053545556575859606162636465666770 ... LastLast

Thread: Captain

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Dunno tees, thought I did ok in my little cameo at the end, better than Trent anyway
    Haha, damn android update.

It’s the same reason I often say how frustrated I am with our Salad.

Haha. It is the new year though. New year, new you.

Sorely missed again last night

Something that has been bothering me and why i have thought there's been a deliberate shift to try and play through teams and ditch our more direct stuff is Hendo's been looking up, seeing the same runs from Mane and Robbo and not playing them

It's either that or he's got a thigh issue preventing him from playing those balls. He did tweak his thigh playing the one to release Mane v Chelsea and get Christiansen sent off and tweaked it again on international duty and possibly again to miss last night's game

I always thought he was an accidental playmaker, whatever you think of his style or technique in doing that, he definitely was last season and as Steveo pointed out in a couple of other threads Jurgen set up our midfield not to have one

Well, i think it's one or the other, he's either been told to stop playing them or he has a persistent recurring thigh issue
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Time will tell.

Stevie's shots from range, besides the one against Man City, pretty much dried up with the groin issues - understandably so.

Every game we have lost since Watford last term, he has been missing bar 1 game I think.
    Probably misleading but we definitely miss him when he's not in the team.

That isn’t too many games though is it? We haven’t lost so many. I would wager Virgil hasn’t been in too many losses either.? Or Alisson?

Hendo is crucial to Klopp’s system that isn’t the issue. The system needs more flexibility - especially now. Hendo is not going play for that much longer - he isn’t the most athletic - his body has been over used. What do we do - just continue with him until he drops?

He serves a purpose - that’s about the best you can say. He has been brilliant in over achieving IMO. Playing his heart out for Jurgen. Commendable - but we need to find other solutions.

Yeah it is a misleading stat.
    I do think we miss him but I totally agree we also need to find different ways. We need to evolve into a different side and I think that's why Thiago and Jota arrived possibly? Injuries have put any plans to do different things to bed.

We have been playing the same way for 3 years pretty much and despite our injuries which we can point to for our current malaise we have been worked out and are easy to shut down.

Henderson is going to be very difficult to replace, Rice might fit the bill but he hasn’t got Hendo’s experience and experience of winning and what it takes. Henderson is Klopp’s coach on the pitch, someone needs to be being groomed to take that mantle now. When he’s not out there on the pitch we lack a certain amount of drive and cohesion.
    Completely different captain than Stevie. At times it was detrimental to the functionality of the team having Stevie out there because you could see the rest of them sit back and wait for him to do it all. At times he could and he did but unless it was Alonso, Masch, Torres or Suarez level of player you could see they were too much in awe of this colossus in their midst.
    Henderson is the exact opposite, he knows his limitations but has a great ability to drive his team mates on to win. He never stops encouraging and pushing for 90 minutes to get the best out of his team mates.
    Henderson is going to be very difficult to replace.

All true but replace him we must. He looked miles off it at Villa Park against a bunch of kids and Klopp keeps putting him at CB