Page 67 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1757606162636465666768697071727374 ... LastLast

Thread: Captain

Time for Thiago to step up and prove he isn't a complete flop.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Time for Thiago to step up and prove he isn't a complete flop.
    I really hope we see Fab move back into midfield but I doubt it. Philips and Kabak should be given some games to see if they can work together.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I really hope we see Fab move back into midfield but I doubt it. Philips and Kabak should be given some games to see if they can work together.
    Not sure what the issue is with Ben Davies, he was a very good defender in the Championship, there are many defenders playing in the Premier League who were also very good defenders in the Championship and he's a player Sunday's opposition, Sheffield UTD tried to sign in the summer and Celtic were looking to sign

We've missed many aspect of Virgils incredible all round game in his absence, one which is hugely missed and the extent of is underrated or understated, is his distribution from the back, the only other CB prior to Davies' signing we had with great ability at that, although not quite at the same levels as Virgil's was Matip, now we have none, Hendo created 4 massive chances in recent games playing the balls Virgil used to as he has the range and ability to play them, now he is out for a lengthy spell, Davies is the only defender we have in our ranks who can provide those types of passes, we need to start using that
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

With all due respect we dont know if Davies can play good balls out of defence yet as we've not seen him.

It is likely to be a Phillips/Kabak pairing on Sunday and only way that changes is if one is injured.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Not sure what the issue is with Ben Davies, he was a very good defender in the Championship, there are many defenders playing in the Premier League who were also very good defenders in the Championship and he's a player Sunday's opposition, Sheffield UTD tried to sign in the summer and Celtic were looking to sign

We've missed many aspect of Virgils incredible all round game in his absence, one which is hugely missed and the extent of is underrated or understated, is his distribution from the back, the only other CB prior to Davies' signing we had with great ability at that, although not quite at the same levels as Virgil's was Matip, now we have none, Hendo created 4 massive chances in recent games playing the balls Virgil used to as he has the range and ability to play them, now he is out for a lengthy spell, Davies is the only defender we have in our ranks who can provide those types of passes, we need to start using that
    I don't think he'll play at all. Been bought purely for making up the numbers.
    If Fab goes back to CB ot shows exactly what Klopp thinks of both him and Philips.
    Hendo won't play again this season and he probably won't be the last major injury we get too.
    Virgils distribution from the back could be or is most likely the start of where all our problems began. It has such a big positive effect on our game, it was missed instantly. If like to see Davies get a start to see what he could do in that aspect but I'm not hopeful.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I don't think he'll play at all. Been bought purely for making up the numbers.
    If Fab goes back to CB ot shows exactly what Klopp thinks of both him and Philips.
    Hendo won't play again this season and he probably won't be the last major injury we get too.
    Virgils distribution from the back could be or is most likely the start of where all our problems began. It has such a big positive effect on our game, it was missed instantly. If like to see Davies get a start to see what he could do in that aspect but I'm not hopeful.
    His distribution from CB from all the analysis I've seen (Warnock did a very food analysis of it on Sky) is actualy very very good, and his best skill, far far better than that of any of the other Cbs we have who are fit

Can't come back soon enough for me, never should have played him at CB for so many games, as well as he performed there we sorely missed his organisation and distribution at CM and still do
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 8th March 2021 at 06:32 PM.

Looking back over the past 4 months, Not having the Captain in the middle of the park has been the major factor in our terrible form. Outside of our club he's probably the most under rated player in Football.
    We miss his drive and never say die attitude .
    At least he'll be back raring to go along with Virgil and Joe for the start of the new season.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Looking back over the past 4 months, Not having the Captain in the middle of the park has been the major factor in our terrible form. Outside of our club he's probably the most under rated player in Football.
    We miss his drive and never say die attitude .
    At least he'll be back raring to go along with Virgil and Joe for the start of the new season.
    Wasn't we shit before?

Sure we miss him, but honestly not much difference

however i do think it shows how average and dependable the rest of the midfield is, apart from fabinho and a aging milner

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Wasn't we shit before?

Sure we miss him, but honestly not much difference

however i do think it shows how average and dependable the rest of the midfield is, apart from fabinho and a aging milner
    We were shit before but fab was in defence and Hendo was playing more defensive. Let’s see what impact he can have when playing with the same midfield as last season.