Page 69 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1959626364656667686970717273747576 LastLast

Thread: Captain

Last season the mantra seemed to be grind it out...get the win. We seemed to able to do that week in week out. I think VVD was a big factor. He gave us that certainty at the back. We've had so many injuries this season which seemed to knock us out of our stride. Even with that we got to Christmas at top spot. I think the constant changing and then using Fab out of position just seemed to be too much to bear. It's had a knock-on effect on the rest. Hendo getting injured too meant we lost more running and leadership. Mane hasn't had a break in about four years! Robertson needs rest. Not enough quality cover on the bench. Ironically early in the season I thought we looked pretty strong in depth but our first team were looking fit and able at that time!
    From the moment I picked your book up until I laid it down, I convulsed with laughter. Someday I intend on reading it. Groucho Marx

Some belters in here, Mo Mane and Bobby guilty as ever of spurning some glorious chances too

"If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Captain fantastic Premier League, Champions League, Super Cup and World Club Championship winning Captain fantastic pictured back in training today

Hey 19x I know you love your stats with other players, what's our record been since hendo got injured?

Oh and since fabinho got moved back into midfield, think we've coped pretty well lately 😉

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Hey 19x I know you love your stats with other players, what's our record been since hendo got injured?
    That's mostly down to our defenders, forwards, Thiago and Gini, Fab did more of his stupidness to see is 1-0 down early on against the filthy, like he did with Modric v Real and McGinn v Villa, although, after that game, he improved on his weakness and stayed very much central just in front of the back four, more of a fifth defender than a CM, blocking lines and clearing any loose balls and kept his destroyer instinct under control and stopped blindly charging to whichever opposition player had the ball, which is unsurprisingly, how I said I though he should be used and that I'd be happy to have him back in midfield if he just did that and he did that very well

Jurgen and the coaches now need to work on that ahead of next season, because if they don't address it, when we revert to playing more expansive and him staying in his position and not charging to the player with the ball being vitally important, it'll cost us goals again

I always compare apples with apples, sitting deep just in front of our defence central with us playing a deeper line and having more players back is very different from playing as we normally do

10 years and the lads gone from strength to strength. All that’s left is for him to win the Fa cup and he’d have won the lot as a Liverpool player.

Thinking about when he first signed, the fee and his first season. Wow look where he is now. Fair play Hendo lad.

Absolute legend for this club and a player so many draw inspiration from through his incredible example of what you can achieve through hard work and that hard work never stopping, always and continually working harder than ever to try and improve

Liverpool captain and England midfielder Jordan Henderson, who becomes an MBE, has been recognised for not only his service to football but also to charity, particularly during Covid-19.

In response to the pandemic, Henderson rallied his fellow captains and players to form the Premier League coronavirus fund to raise money for the NHS.

The midfielder also became an ambassador to NHS Charities Together, an organisation which raises funds for more than 240 National Health Services charities, and dedicated his MBE to NHS staff.

"My family and I feel greatly humbled to be recognised in this way, more so given the reason for it," he said. "There are many privileges that come from playing professional football, but having a platform to promote a charitable cause such as Players Together and NHS Charities Together is as big a privilege as any.

"It's important for me to state that although the honour has been issued to me personally, the credit must be shared to a far larger group of people and I accept this in the knowledge I was part of something special, rather than the reason for it."

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    10 years and the lads gone from strength to strength. All that’s left is for him to win the Fa cup and he’d have won the lot as a Liverpool player.

Thinking about when he first signed, the fee and his first season. Wow look where he is now. Fair play Hendo lad.
    And to think Brenny wanted to swap him for Clint Dempsey. Clueless.