Page 71 of 76 FirstFirst ... 216164656667686970717273747576 LastLast

Thread: Captain

Well, whatever happens tonight, surely time for Hendo to prolong his club playing career for us and call time on representing England

There is a lot said about Hendo, a lot of questioning of his ability, but for me, as it is something I constantly look at in all players and all teams, whilst he might not be considered or rated as world class, in terms of leading and orchestrating a top class pressing and counter pressing game, he's the best there is and in terms of consistency of accuracy and delivery of the balls over the top and switches he's the best there is.

He has more experience of major finals, semi final and quarter finals in top class European football than any other player in this England squad and if Southgate believes the likes of Phillips and Rice are better players and obviously plans to persist with that pairing long term, Hendo really needs to call time on his international career, stay at home, get extra training and rest and recovery to play at higher levels for us, rather than waste his time being disrespected and used as a bit part player behind players who aren't fit to lace his boots
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Time to hang your international boots up Hendo and focus on playing for Jurgen, a manager who appreciates you and modern football and the value and necessity of a pressing game, not the 1990's Roy Hodgson style crap of sitting off in your own half only pressing a player when they become active in it, don't bother with the world cup mate, England will never win anything with that clown in charge

As a man who can't stand the England international team, the thug/Brexit type fans (I appreciate and respect that not all English fans are Ingurlund fans) and all the media furore, I am delighted that Jordan didn't have to take a pen and potentially miss one - he would never hear the end of it from the (international) fanbase that really don't rate him at all and he deserves far better.

Hopefully he can turn the pain of missing out on an international trophy into even more fuel for the further improvement of his club career with us - where he is (largely) appreciated.

Come on hendo lad, announce your retirement from international football, prolong your club career, you've had 2 or 3 medium term injuries over the last 2 seasons, you're not getting any younger and England don't have a manager who will use you, Trent or England's other best players to the best of their abilities

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Come on hendo lad, announce your retirement from international football, prolong your club career, you've had 2 or 3 medium term injuries over the last 2 seasons, you're not getting any younger and England don't have a manager who will use you, Trent or England's other best players to the best of their abilities
    He will undoubtedly want to be part of the world cup next year. Looks like he's being phased out though so unless he has a injury free barnstorming season coming up he might be a bit part like this Euros.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    As a man who can't stand the England international team, the thug/Brexit type fans (I appreciate and respect that not all English fans are Ingurlund fans) and all the media furore, I am delighted that Jordan didn't have to take a pen and potentially miss one - he would never hear the end of it from the (international) fanbase that really don't rate him at all and he deserves far better.

Hopefully he can turn the pain of missing out on an international trophy into even more fuel for the further improvement of his club career with us - where he is (largely) appreciated.
    +1

Like 19, I’d like to see him retire from England but he’d probably get the same amount of abuse Carra did.

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-DPG View Post
    +1

Like 19, I’d like to see him retire from England but he’d probably get the same amount of abuse Carra did.
    I don't like seeing our Captain and club by association disrespected in the way Southgate and the dinosaurs at the FA continually disrespect him, I don't see the point of him continuing playing for England with how Southgate operates and sets his teams up, Hendo absolutely should have been Captain of the England side, because of the strengths of the players England have, Southgate should have done what Mancini has done and tried to emulate how the best European club sides play, 433 or 343 aggressive front foot pressing game, mixing it up, using the full backs in conjunction with the inside forwards etc etc, especially as 3 of the best European club sides are Liverpool, CIty and Chelsea and their players make up the majority of England's best players and in Hendo he had the perfect captain to lead and orchestrate the pressing game and getting the other players up to speed and the required level in playing it as he played such a huge role in doing for us

As Southgate will never use Hendo like that then why waste his time and risk his fitness and let Southgate disrespect him and our club he is captain of by association? Time to hang your international boots up Hendo

Edit: If you look at Mancini's use of Spinazzola and other LB's, it seems apparent it is Liverpool (only his best attacking full back being a LB) he has tried to emulate more than any other club
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 13th July 2021 at 12:20 AM.

It used to amaze, annoy and frustrate me how so few people understand and appreciate the mechanisms of how we play, but because of my mental make up, I've since come to realise I see and look for the mechanics in pretty much everything and that's not what 'normal' people do or how they view the world, so it doesn't frustrate and annoy me as much as it used to

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-DPG View Post
    +1

Difference is Hendo's England's best CM nad has skills and abiliteis the others will never have, Carra got a strop because he never got a start, but both Terry and Ferdinand were miles better than he ever was

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Difference is Hendo's England's best CM nad has skills and abiliteis the others will never have, Carra got a strop because he never got a start, but both Terry and Ferdinand were miles better than he ever was
    Carragher had no complaints about the Ferdinand & Terry pairing, it was other ones getting picked ahead of him that made him decide to quit. Brown Woodgate and King maybe some of them. I know at the time I couldn't blame him. It was like Danny Ward constantly overlooked when he knew he was better than the others. Only Klopp thought differently.