Page 72 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2262656667686970717273747576 LastLast

Thread: Captain

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Carragher had no complaints about the Ferdinand & Terry pairing, it was other ones getting picked ahead of him that made him decide to quit. Brown Woodgate and King maybe some of them.
    Woodgate and King were also much better than him though, I'm not partizan like that, I'm quite happy to admit our players limitations or if another side's player in the same position is better than ours, although for me that also depends on how we play and their club play, they have to be very good without the ball for our way of playing

If I looked at Mane and Mo and were considering Chiesa, he doesn't have the timing of the runs in behind, ability to outstrength defenders in the same way both our lads can isn't as clinical as Mo or Mane at his best for that matter, but he's very powerful in his running, is a lot better and making darting runs to be found between the lines and a lot better one v one running at defenders with the ball as opposed to running in behind them and has far superior ability to go either way which is a nightmare for all defenders and he works incredibly hard without the ball and is equally as good in that respect, better than all England's forwards

Chiesa's constantly trying to square defenders up or get them to overcommit just ever so slightly one way to then go the other and get his shot off and he's so quick and agile when doing it, keeping the ball so close and quickly moving it from one foot to the other
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 13th July 2021 at 01:41 AM.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

James Pearce reporting renewing Hendos contract isn't a priority for Michael Edwards and may be open to offers for him. Very sad if true, he's been a fantastic Captain for the club and deserves some loyalty.
    Hopefully it's just bollox.

Good

if FSG actually spend some money and improve this aging midfield.......

still not replaced Wij.........

I get loyalty, but you need to look to the future, and this team is aging..... henderson as also started to pick up injury's he'll probably burn out soon....

Not easy to replace a player like Hendo. He brings much more than just being a part of midfield.
    Age catches up with us all in different aspects but I don't see him as being done yet.

Henderson is vital to us as he keeps himself in shape and I believe is a none drinker he will be able to play another 3-4 years.

It was mentioned several times last season without Van Djik and Hendo how quiet our team was you need players who have authority, organisation skills and respect of the players.

I think its bollocks myself as no way Klopp would want him gone and also Milner still around at 35 too.

Gini is a good player but imo not as good/key as Henderson is he is a monster of a leader they are very very hard to find.

Isn't pearce rather reliable?

Maybe they don't want another Wij situation.

do remember these clowns are about saving money after all.

Pearce was a good source not sure how much he knows now but he is better than most out there regarding LFC.

Gini clearly went to PSG for the pay packet it is as clear as day.

Milner is still on £80-100k at 35 so I see no reason why Henderson wont be around.

They arent clowns though look at the state of us when they took over compared to now in 10-12 years.

Everyone was in awe of Barca but look now they are a complete mess thats what happens when your spending gets out of control.

FSG arent perfect they are ok thats all there is far worse out there.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Pearce was a good source not sure how much he knows now but he is better than most out there regarding LFC.

Gini clearly went to PSG for the pay packet it is as clear as day.

Milner is still on £80-100k at 35 so I see no reason why Henderson wont be around.

They arent clowns though look at the state of us when they took over compared to now in 10-12 years.

Everyone was in awe of Barca but look now they are a complete mess thats what happens when your spending gets out of control.

FSG arent perfect they are ok thats all there is far worse out there.
    Milner is on about £140,000 per week mate.

We have Jones in the process of breaking through who will want to become a first-team regular and we have a fairly sturdy 27-year old in Fabinho. Everyone else in our midfield is either 30-plus, or is very injury-prone.

With that in mind, we won't shut the door on the possibility of selling players. If Milner sees out his contract (and it isn't renewed) and Henderson were to be sold (certainly not something I'd be clamoring for, but am entertaining hypotheticals here) then £280,000 per week comes off the wage bill. That's a "star" player (Thiago or Salah or Van Dijk) and a decent rotation option or top-ups of younger players in terms of contractual flexibility.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Should not be letting Henderson go, particularly having just lost Wijnaldum.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Should not be letting Henderson go, particularly having just lost Wijnaldum.
    Not right now, no.

However there's a case to be had for not finding ourselves in a situation where we end up upgrading his weekly wage to £200,000 a week or so until he's 35 years old, which he would be if we extend his current contract by another 2 years.

Depending on price, it could prove better to sell him a year before his current contract expires (so at the end of the 21/22 season) and get a decent wedge for a 32-year old midfielder, rather than running his contract down - or having to overpay to keep him. His 21/21 appearances in the League will be intriguing numerically - only managed 21 of them last season after all, though it was an unusual year.

Balancing act, as ever.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay