Page 73 of 76 FirstFirst ... 23636667686970717273747576 LastLast

Thread: Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Milner is on about £140,000 per week mate.

We have Jones in the process of breaking through who will want to become a first-team regular and we have a fairly sturdy 27-year old in Fabinho. Everyone else in our midfield is either 30-plus, or is very injury-prone.

With that in mind, we won't shut the door on the possibility of selling players. If Milner sees out his contract (and it isn't renewed) and Henderson were to be sold (certainly not something I'd be clamoring for, but am entertaining hypotheticals here) then £280,000 per week comes off the wage bill. That's a "star" player (Thiago or Salah or Van Dijk) and a decent rotation option or top-ups of younger players in terms of contractual flexibility.
    I believe as Milner was a free agent his wages are £140k if you include the signing on fee his base wage will be lower.

Henderson is a star player as he has skills others dont have.

I dont think we will let the squad get old together players like Thiago Milner Matip Firmino will probably go before him.

You need a mix of both no point signing young players if they are no good.

An integral part in us suddenly taking 26 points from 30 - with no central defence!!
    ….

Ok ok that’s harsh and Hendo has been superb these last few seasons - but it shows who the real deal is in this Liverpool setup.

The manager. His name is Jurgen Klopp. Same team under Hodgeson isn’t winning anything!

A team far greater than the sum of its parts and don’t any of you “experts” forget it.

You will all remember this post a year after he has gone.
    Last edited by Steveo; 19th July 2021 at 08:26 PM.

I agree Steveo, Klopp is the most important man at the club I got abit angry last year when people were pretty much saying he should be sacked.

Same happened at United when Ferguson left not easy to replace.

Klopp is abit like him in some ways in terms of its all about the team and players who some say are average are vital players eg Gini and people like Park/Fletcher at United.

We saw this when we sacked Rafa for Woy thanks for bringing him back up Steveo this late i'll have nightmares tonight !

Apologies LEGS - for the Hodgmiester is truly the stuff of nightmares.

Jurgen is an excellent manager, Hamilton is an excellent driver but even Hamilton needs the best steering wheel available to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Apologies LEGS - for the Hodgmiester is truly the stuff of nightmares.
    I posted that video in a WhatsApp group of him watching Suarez's 2nd against Angleterre in the 2014 world cup. It will never,ever get old. Its fabulous.
    I'm going to post it on here now. Late night lolz.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I posted that video in a WhatsApp group of him watching Suarez's 2nd against Angleterre in the 2014 world cup. It will never,ever get old. Its fabulous.
    I'm going to post it on here now. Late night lolz.
    Is that the game Suarez basically played at 50% fitness ?

How he got another crack at 2016 Euros was incredible.

If this "is" the case.. FSG are total money grabbing twats.. To say we don't have any money is fucking laughable.
    I wanna know where the MONEY has gone??
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Is that the game Suarez basically played at 50% fitness ?

How he got another crack at 2016 Euros was incredible.
    The one where he has no business scoring but he slams it home in the 85th minute. KO'd England.