Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121316 ... LastLast

Thread: Minamino no18

Exactly, so frustrating at times!! but he's fucking brilliant too, I just think he seems tired personally

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    It's not just one game though is it? open ya eyes he's been rather frustrating most of the season.

Luckily everyone else has stepped up, I'd even go so far as saying we play better as a team without him, and no that's not a salah out post lol

the 5 liverpools players v 2 leicester defenders summed it up when we was on the break.. and yeah he passed to err.. a blue shirt

Don't think a rest would harm him in the league, and come off the bench a few games, still start him in champions league obviously

He's everyones little darling but if that was anyone else, he'd get slaughtered well if we didn't win once again.
    We've changed our style, necessarily so, teams have got a lot better at defending against him, if Mane had got the touch he wanted in under a minute we'd all be talking about a brilliant assist by Mo, Mo created that break by brilliantly hooking the ball back into Keita's path from a ball cleared from a Leicester corner, yes he should have squared it when he was forced out wide, but he didn't get a shout and we know one of Mo's flaws is in some situations he only sees the goal and the possibility of scoring and gets blinkered and doesn't see better placed players, he didn't get a shout either.

He wasn't at his best as he played through an ankle knock for the team for 7 or 8 games for which it very obviously didn't feel right and was sore as you could see from his reaction every time he got another whack on it

So to summarise Mo's game v Leicester, he was hit and miss, he created a glorious chance for Mane, he created the chance for himself when he should have squared it with some brilliant play from one box to the other, he skied a chance from the edge of the area it would have taken a worldie to score from, but that's what we've all come to expect from him all the time

Meanwhile Mane missed two absolute sitters from 6 yards out, then got a great assist for Trent's goal after Mo had been subbed

The only people pretending he's always Lionel Messi are the one's moaning when he hasn't been his world class best in any game and scored or assisted a worldie It's a team game, we have A LOT of very good players who all perform to very high levels every week, on days where things don't quite come off for one player as we're used to or expect, another 1 or 2 players step up, that's it
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Players just need an arm around their shoulder and a kick up the arse. And a nice rest, oh and some competition too. You can tell by their body language.

Exactly, so frustrating at times!! but he's fucking brilliant too, I just think he seems tired personally
    Them couple of hours work a day must be a killer !!

Prior to that game what was it, 1 and an brilliant assist v Bournemouth, 1 and a brilliant assist v Salzburg, 2 goals v Watford, a brilliant assist v Monterrey? Yeah he's really struggling
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Lightbulb

Check the average ratings if you want to go on stats, Mane and firmino are both above him because they're our best players
    Last edited by Kev0909; 28th December 2019 at 03:04 PM.

Check the average ratings if you wan't to go on stats, Mane and firmino are both above him because they're our best players
    Have to agree with you kev0.
    Mane our player of the season to date, Trent next best imo.

Mane beats both Bobby and Salah for both tackles & intercepts.
    Has the most goals&assists in the pl whilst he takes a fraction of the shots that Salah does. Hes provides more key passes than both also.

I do think Salah gets a far easier time with the fans than Mane tbh.

Salah should be our clear top scorer. Hes the most clinical record of the 3 and really is underperforming on goals & assists.

Same with Bobby people including Klopp imo tend to go on about his overall work rate and other qualities which I can agree with, but Bobby should be racking up 20 pl goals a season or thereabouts.

Good to see both getting back to some level of their best form, need to take it up a few notches over the coming months.

Salah may be shite but we need a squad scapegoat so all is well.

Quote Originally Posted by stevie harkness View Post
    Salah may be shite but we need a squad scapegoat so all is well.
    Isn't that Wij?

Isn't that Wij?
    Oh yeah, I forgot about that waster!