Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Bobby Firmino...

agree...just feel kinda sorry for him! Must be a great Lad!

Quote Originally Posted by shminkyred View Post
    agree...just feel kinda sorry for him! Must be a great Lad!
    Origi needs to be kept hold of and a lot of work done with him in my opinion, needs a lot of work on using his immense physical stature and qualities far better, all our other lads use their body strength and lean on players, get their thigh, shoulder and forearm between them and the ball and muscle past them with it, get in front of them and get hold of the ball for us and hold onto it, Origi really doesn't do this, when teams block our lines so we look to go over midfield Origi will often have a look where their player is, like he doesn't want to bash into him or something when he should be focusing only on where the ball's going and getting hold of it.

Origi's best qualities are that he rises to big occassions, seems to find another level we don't see from him often enough when the stakes are high, not in his overall play which needs a lot of work, but in finding a crucial goal at a key moment, his main strength as a forward is following up play, looking for where the ball might break and come his way and provide him with an opportunity, a bit of a poachers instinct, look at his biggest goals for us, Champions League, he wasn't involved in any play really, he followed up on the play and when Barca's keeper was there to make the save from Hendo, he was there to pick up the pieces, in the final, he was there to be found at a half cleared corner, against the bitters he followed a hopeless looking deflected ball in just in case and scored. So if he works really hard at his game and our staff and other players with him, he could yet be a top player

He's more of a player to follow up play and pick up the pieces than one who forces the issue, commits players and creates the play and all our other forwards do those things brilliantly, which is why there's a huge drop in our ability to play as we usually do if Origi comes in for one of the front three, because he isn't ever meaningfully involved in play and doesn't do the things they do, his overall team play and working on being a far more active part of how we play and getting on the ball and creating situations or getting hold of it and using it intelligently to help create situations, especially when teams make us go over midfield or longer, improving his understanding of how we play and making far better runs and using his size and strength and being a lot more physical and bullying defenders and relishing the physical side of the game are all elements he needs to vastly improve

At times he plays the game like he's a 5'8" slight tricky little player who's going to get out powered by big defender, he needs to use what God gave him

Come on Origi, let's get physical, honestly, the size of the lad, no more pussyoing around, he should be battering defenders and striking fear into them, muscling past them and leaving them for dead, not shying away from using his immense strength

Last edited by Nineteenx; 3rd February 2020 at 04:48 PM.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Loves a goal celebration our Braziliant Bobby dazzler, looking forward to seeing many MANY more Mane loves it, cracks me up how he copies it, apparently he and Bobby have this running joke in which Mane copies Bobby then claims it was he who invented the celebration. Don't think this is the best combo of Bobby celebrations, there are lots more than this

The creator supreme and also talismanic scorer of vital goals, I love that he's banging a few more in now and long may that continue, I did think for a spell he was frequently looking for the next pass and to play someone in when it was on for him to drill it home himself, shoot Bobby SHOOT And more Braziliant razzle dazzle too, more of the right foot heel clip back onto your left as the touch out of feet for the shot, a left foot step over to megs with your right foot from behind your left would be very much appreciate too

Last edited by Nineteenx; 8th February 2020 at 06:04 PM.

Superb again today, I don't hold the miss against him, everything else he did was brilliant and most of it only prevented by some outstanding defending by Norwich, that last ditch challenge to prevent a goal of the season contender in particular and I don't think the ball from Trent for the missed chance was great, should have been on the deck at that pace

Bobby's due a goal at Anfield me thinks, maybe he'll get it tonight

This is brilliant

Seems to be fading a bit throughout the season, tiredness?

He's a great player, and I don't want to replace him, but I think we could do with a clinical player, too.

Bobby's top top class, scored some vital goals for us this season, anyone who claims to support us and hasn't yet grasped that all 3 of our forwards are very rarely at their clinical best in every game and when one or two of them aren't at their very best, the other pops up with the vital goals is a football illiterate or a child who thinks it's FIFA or fantasy manager

It's tricky with Firmino - I am sure if we watched that game for a second time watching only him, it would show lots of moments of him dropping into midfield and doing a lot of the unceremonious "critical non-essentials" but you always are tempted to judge him by what happens in the final third due to his position.

I would absolutely love him to have a blinder against Atletico. When he is at his best he can really drag players out of position and it facilitates so much for those around him.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Seems to be fading a bit throughout the season, tiredness?

He's a great player, and I don't want to replace him, but I think we could do with a clinical player, too.
    He was on fire 1st half v Norwich