Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101314151617181920

Thread: Bobby Firmino...

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Is this when we get carried away again and think he's back to his best?
    Yes, you miserable fucker !! 😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    You may have done, but would you have got in those positions to start with ?
    That's true, but that's a forwards job i'm sure the other strikers we have could of done the same, and there was some luck to it aswell at times, like defender being fuckin terrible and deflection.

Don't get me wrong it's a start but I don't want to get carried away and think he's back to his best for him to go missing again.

the way salah is playing best in the world right now imo, if they all keep this up especially mane getting better they could once again carry us to some glory (front 3) but we need mane to keep it up, and firmino to be firmino again, can't just count on salah, so I really hope they do keep it up.
    Last edited by Kev0909; 16th October 2021 at 04:09 PM.

In today's game I thought apart from his goals and actually getting himself in the box and his one excellent ball for Mane, I thought Bobby was very poor, wanted too much time on the ball and got robbed far too many times, picked the wrong option mostly when he had time.

I found it quite bizarre as a comparison between Bobby and Jota last season, Bobby was miles better in the press and his link play but didn't get himself in the box often enough and when he did get glorious opportunities, he missed the vast majority of them, one of Bobby's main issues and the differences between his returns and Jota's was Bobby stopped getting himself in the box as often as he needs to about 2 seasons ago, whereas Jota always gets himself in the box

This season Jota has improved quite considerably in his link play, pressing and work without the ball, he's still getting himself in the box, has scored a couple of beauts, but has missed loads of sitters, Bobby's link play has been poor and laboured, but he's been getting himself in the box more and taken more of his chances
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”