Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 25678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Bobby Firmino...

Each to their own but I think he's been stinking the place out for weeks now. His intricate passing isn't coming off at the moment and his basic passing is suffering too. I think he's suffering under the weight of expectation, and I think a top quality striker to rotate in is just what he needs to take the pressure off.

Quote Originally Posted by LFC vs PFC View Post
    Each to their own but I think he's been stinking the place out for weeks now. His intricate passing isn't coming off at the moment and his basic passing is suffering too. I think he's suffering under the weight of expectation, and I think a top quality striker to rotate in is just what he needs to take the pressure off.
    I think he's been missing our press being as good as it was and our distribution being better in Fabinho's absence too, he was on fire until we changed and in commentary today Macca pointed out several times that he was making the runs and not being picked out, I said the same not just of Firmino, but of several players after we changed things, it changed the dynamic, the distribution from No6 was suddenly non-existent and our press and counter press was suddenly getting broken frequently.

I know it's an unpopular opinion, but changing what was working brilliantly to accommodate bringing Fabinho back in, who's been poor and affected the team's incredible form detrimentally was a major fuck up by Jurgen, he an absolutely incredible manager who gets everything so brilliantly right 99% of the time, but when he does get something wrong, by God he does not do it by halves.

I don't agree with him keeping Gomez in either and think he should have been trying to get Matip minutes and get him fit as soon as he was back in full training, he was imperious at the end of last season and the start of this and is clearly our second best defender.

All managers have favourites and blind spots with certain players, Jurgens are Fabinho, Gomez and Origi, which isn't a disaster by any means, it's not like it's Joe Fucking Allen

Edit: But for 'the error' I'm convinced we'd still be unbeaten, have a first leg Champions League lead and still be in the cup, we did what we did to ourselves unfortunately
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 7th March 2020 at 10:18 PM.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

TBF there's been a few whose stunk the place out in recent weeks so he's not alone.
    Bobbys got my backing !!

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    TBF there's been a few whose stunk the place out in recent weeks so he's not alone.
    Bobbys got my backing !!
    And mine all day every day, an absolutely incredible player

Quote Originally Posted by LFC vs PFC View Post
    Has been miles off it for a stretch - but it’s Bobby right... He works and works and works - like nobody else... He needs a rest but we can’t afford it..

They're all knackered, the regular starters. You can see it. It's the main reason we are having a blip, tiredness leads to mistakes. Coupled with complacency from having such a big lead it's no surprise really.
    We had that spell just around xmas where Klopp got the rotation absolutely spot on but its beyond then where we've dipped. At first still managing to get the results but the Atletico game was where it was a bridge too far.
    We have arrested it today but still played pretty shit to truthful. The passing in the final 3rd was just awful and today was probably the most evident of how little we do in the middle in terms of making chances. There was nothing at all and was all too predictable. Firmino was trying to make things happen but it wasnt coming off for him.
    We need a massive turnaround on Wednesday and it really doesn't look likely the way we are playing.

Agree - I have had a kind of strange feeling that our poor form and results of late would be a precursor to a blitz on Atleti.... But have to say - I don’t really feel that way now. We have played some very poor sides of late and they have all made us look so fragile.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    The passing in the final 3rd was just awful and today was probably the most evident of how little we do in the middle in terms of making chances..
    I beg to differ

https://www.premierleague.com/players/3712/Jordan-Henderson/stats?co=1&se=274

Goals 3
    Assists 5
    Passes1,560
    Passes per match 62.40
    Big chances created 8
    Crosses 52
    Cross accuracy %17%
    Through balls 6
    Accurate long balls 101 (Switches, long diagonals, balls over the top)

The stat it doesn't show are the passes before the assist, there have been 4 of those from No6

Of those stats, the I know the one's that are from No6 as he only has one goal and one assist from No8, because, although people have this impression I think Hendo can do no wrong, if you check the 'Captain' thread, you'll find a post from me in there saying he needed to create more from No8 as he was doing when he first came back in at the end of last season

So, in 13 games at No6

Goals 3
    Assists 4
    Big chances created 6
    Through balls 5
    Accurate long balls 70 (Switches, long diagonals, balls over the top)
    Passes before the assist 4

Doesn't look to be a lack of creativity there
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 7th March 2020 at 11:20 PM.

You can beg to differ with stats all you like. We're creating very little and playing like a team who are running on empty. I pay no attention to stats at all. Moneyball was stat based, remember that?
    Like Steveo says we have been making poor teams look good for a while. It's a brilliant trait to win when not playing well and it's got us plenty of results but the fact is it is not bodeing well for Wednesday which is a huge game and even if we do manage to get past Atletico theres still plenty of very good sides left in it and our form needs to buck up sharpish if we are to go further.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Agree - I have had a kind of strange feeling that our poor form and results of late would be a precursor to a blitz on Atleti.... But have to say - I don’t really feel that way now. We have played some very poor sides of late and they have all made us look so fragile.
    TBF all of West Ham, Watford and Bournemouth have played a lot better against us than I've seen them play for a long time .
    Our performances have been below par of late but we got the win today which was what was needed. Could you imagine how bad we'd all be if it was a draw or even worse a defeat today ?
    Bobby will come good again starting on Wednesday night. Always remember,
    There's something that the Kop wants you to know ......
    And they know a thing or two about world class players.
    Form is temporarily, Class is permanent.