Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 367891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Bobby Firmino...

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    You can beg to differ with stats all you like. We're creating very little and playing like a team who are running on empty. I pay no attention to stats at all. Moneyball was stat based, remember that?
    Like Steveo says we have been making poor teams look good for a while. It's a brilliant trait to win when not playing well and it's got us plenty of results but the fact is it is not bodeing well for Wednesday which is a huge game and even if we do manage to get past Atletico theres still plenty of very good sides left in it and our form needs to buck up sharpish if we are to go further.
    Exactly my thoughts on the subject.

We need a fit and firing Henderson, Alisson back and Fabinho to either get his shit together pronto or sit it out.

Then all will be cushty.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    We need a fit and firing Henderson, Alisson back and Fabinho to either get his shit together pronto or sit it out.

Then all will be cushty.
    Really hope Hendo's fit, have a feeling if he is and we put him straight back in at No6 and bench Fabinho it will all click straight back into gear, had a look at the short highlights from Brighton through to West Ham away, we created more than enough chances in all of them to run out more comfortable winners and missed putting a few away.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    Exactly my thoughts on the subject.
    You can beg to differ with stats all you like. We're creating very little and playing like a team who are running on empty. I pay no attention to stats at all. Moneyball was stat based, remember that?
    Like Steveo says we have been making poor teams look good for a while. It's a brilliant trait to win when not playing well and it's got us plenty of results but the fact is it is not bodeing well for Wednesday which is a huge game and even if we do manage to get past Atletico theres still plenty of very good sides left in it and our form needs to buck up sharpish if we are to go further.
    Well, maybe just use your eyes then eh lads 'Not creative' get te feck If that was Alonso, De Bruyne etc etc etc people would be having a jizz fest over some of those balls, Royal Mail are trying to sign him up

I'm talking about the games Henderson hasn't been playing in.

I'm talking about the games Henderson hasn't been playing in.
    If Hendo's back and the Fabinho of the 2-1 v Spurs turns up, we're in business most creative I've ever seen him

Hope so. It's a big ask though and puts pressure on him. After 3 weeks out he should still be fairly close to where he was.
    It'll make a noticeable difference having him back. Not sure we need Fabinho to be honest, we aren't going to come under much pressure from them, theres no way they are capable of sustained pressure like we will put onto them in this game. Saying that if we score early the tie changes completely so maybe we do?
    It's just the way hes playing at the minute he wont be missed.

Hope so. It's a big ask though and puts pressure on him. After 3 weeks out he should still be fairly close to where he was.
    It'll make a noticeable difference having him back. Not sure we need Fabinho to be honest, we aren't going to come under much pressure from them, theres no way they are capable of sustained pressure like we will put onto them in this game. Saying that if we score early the tie changes completely so maybe we do?
    It's just the way hes playing at the minute he wont be missed.
    Maybe he just needs to look at his performance in the 2-1 v Spurs to know what he has to do, played a few absolutely belting balls over the low press and defence in that game, which are exactly the kind of balls that will be brilliant v Atletico

This Bobby needs to turn up too

In a mass of players finds a gap and drills it, a lot of us forget Sturridge's Champions League contribution last season too, that goal he scored was absolutely vital

Big European nights at Anfield with the crowd at its vociferous best tend to bring the very best out of our players, they've got Felix and Trippier back, they might even turn up for a game, think they'll try for a fast start and to catch us cold like at their place, if they start with more attacking players it should be good for us, Mane will bum Trippier if he starts
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 8th March 2020 at 08:08 AM.

I read recently that Felix has been struggling and hasn't made much of an impact.
    Agree about Sturridge, a real shame he didn't do it under Klopp much. The type of finisher who should have been breaking records in this side.
    Did you read about ending his contract in Turkey because of the betting carry on?
    Also have you seen that video he made of him dancing with his dog? Its mental. I'll try and find the link.