Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 47891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Bobby Firmino...

Hendo is a huge huge miss. That's undeniable. But hes not the reason almost everyone else is playing like complete dogshit in almost every aspect of the game at the moment. It goes deeper.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Hendo is a huge huge miss. That's undeniable. But hes not the reason almost everyone else is playing like complete dogshit in almost every aspect of the game at the moment. It goes deeper.
    Could be that the lads are a just bit gassed, both mentally and physically. We've been playing extremely well for 24 months now, while fighting on multiple fronts. Most (if not all) of these boys haven't been in a situation where they've had to do that with so little rotation in their careers.

Couple that with the significance a league title would have for LFC as an institution + the inhuman pace we've set this year... we were bound to see a drop off at some point. Shame it'll likely cost us our CL campaign, but you can't win them all.

No transfers in the summer has turned out to be a bit of masterstroke in galvanising the team and allowing it to flourish as a whole, but it's not exactly been great for competition or rotation. This might have compounded the aforementioned problems. I expect us to bring in three players who will challenge for first team spots this year. The squad needs a bit of refreshing.
    Last edited by Balinkay; 8th March 2020 at 10:51 AM.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

We need a nice warm weather break, that'll sort us out.

If fatigue is a factor then I'd expect to see major rotation once the league is won.

It's easy to blame it on tiredness and fatigue, but our front 3 have played virtually all important games for months and months. We have won most of those games, and rarely was tiredness and fatigue mentioned. If they were in need of a rest, i'm sure Klopp would be the first to do something about it. Some players are naturally more fit than others, they get their rest by getting taken off in games, it must be enough.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Physical Fatigue and being “gassed” is just an excuse. These players are in their prime, mid twenties the most of them. You can put a few passes together without being physically tired.

I think it’s a lot deeper than that and the mental fatigue is the one that’s going to be the most damaging of all. Bobby not scoring at Anfield for a year, that will definitely play on his mind. Adrian making a few mistakes, whereas before, he was quite solid has made him an accident waiting to happen.

It’s a lot deeper than physical tiredness. I don’t know what it is. I don’t think they know what it is either. All I know is that this title needs to be sewn up, MATHEMATICALLY, anything else that comes along is a bonus.

Maybe it’s just pessimism, but we’ve been within touching distance, it being in our hands before and we’ve let it slip away. You can argue that the point difference is way more significant this time around, but god forbid, an injury to another key player a bigger dip in form and it can go tits up.

The “Aguerooooooo” goal just shows you that it’s not won till it’s fucking won.

I should keep future posts to a solitary paragraph from now on. Apologies

Quote Originally Posted by stevie harkness View Post
    We need a nice warm weather break, that'll sort us out.

If fatigue is a factor then I'd expect to see major rotation once the league is won.

Kind of makes a mockery at all the outrage at the lack of a winter break if they're tired straight after one.
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."

@TheDOC1979

Agree with this. IMO it is mainly mental fatigue. Much of it brought on by the closeness of so many of our wins. It is exhausting playing till the last minute game after game. This is why I don’t just look at results. Winning games comfortably is precisely as the word suggests ... “comfortable”... low on tax - leaves plenty in reserve...

Some are also physically strained on top too - Mané has had constant competitive football for what? 18 months straight? As has Bobby & Virgil and others to a degree.

As Bali suggested and as I stated this summer when disappointed that we didn’t sign anyone to bolster the first team - sticking and not buying DID galvanise ( as it often does ) - and it gave us that team steel in games ( never say die ) BUT has also contributed to early exits from both domestic cups and put us in jeopardy in the CL too.

We should win this league now at the 30th time of asking - and that has its own burden but we look close to spent - with or without Henderson.

Here’s hoping it is all a muse to lull Simeone in..

Quote Originally Posted by toneata View Post
    Kind of makes a mockery at all the outrage at the lack of a winter break if they're tired straight after one.
    Yes it does, slightly tongue in cheek, although it depends on how deep the tiredness runs.

I know plenty of people who have a fortnight holiday off work and it takes them that long to only just start to relax then it's time to go back to work again. And then they have to get back up to speed!

(granted they are not footballers or athletes or in their twenties etc)

On the subject of mental fatigue didn't we used to have the world's top sports psychologist on the books or did I dream it?

I foresee a massive drop off next season tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    @TheDOC1979

Agree with this. IMO it is mainly mental fatigue. Much of it brought on by the closeness of so many of our wins. It is exhausting playing till the last minute game after game. This is why I don’t just look at results. Winning games comfortably is precisely as the word suggests ... “comfortable”... low on tax - leaves plenty in reserve...

Some are also physically strained on top too - Mané has had constant competitive football for what? 18 months straight? As has Bobby & Virgil and others to a degree.

As Bali suggested and as I stated this summer when disappointed that we didn’t sign anyone to bolster the first team - sticking and not buying DID galvanise ( as it often does ) - and it gave us that team steel in games ( never say die ) BUT has also contributed to early exits from both domestic cups and put us in jeopardy in the CL too.

We should win this league now at the 30th time of asking - and that has its own burden but we look close to spent - with or without Henderson.

Here’s hoping it is all a muse to lull Simeone in..
    It's a good job Mane isn't getting a break, he's the only one getting the winning goals.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.