Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Bobby Firmino...

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    It's a good job Mane isn't getting a break, he's the only one getting the winning goals.
    I dont understand the sentiment of this statement. Are you saying that winning goals count more than other goals and deserve more credit. Mane has what, 12 or 13 goals this season. Weve won 27 games. He didnt score the winner in every game.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    I dont understand the sentiment of this statement. Are you saying that winning goals count more than other goals and deserve more credit. Mane has what, 12 or 13 goals this season. Weve won 27 games. He didnt score the winner in every game.
    No. But generally I find that a winning goal can get you more points in a league game, than someone just getting an equaliser. Lately Mane has got us 6 extra points. All goals are important, feel free to come back if you think i'm incorrect.
    Last edited by skyebo; 8th March 2020 at 12:31 PM.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

It's a good job Mane isn't getting a break, he's the only one getting the winning goals.
    Oh he is still brilliant but he isn’t at full throttle IMO.. He has gears to go yet... hopefully Wednesday...But again he was needed for the entire game v Bournemouth...

No.
    Fair enough. On a separate note anyone see the picture of harry Wilson at the game yesterday wearing a liverpool team jacket. Obvious where he wants to be next season

I foresee a massive drop off next season tbh.
    It's not unlikely at all. We could do a Spurs. The elation of winning the title will be such a millstone off this clubs neck its unreal, probably will be a natural drop off but then again I thought it might happen after the CL final last year and here we are........

We definitely won't be winning the league by 20+ points next season. Winning by 1 point will do for me 😎

A drop-off from what is likely to be a record points total is to be expected.

The key thing will be how big a drop-off.

11 points less for us (realistic) and 11 points more for City, particularly if they don't have European Football to juggle (realistic) would make it a pretty close-run thing.

Honestly though, as much as I would adore challenging/winning again, the main thing for us will be getting Number Nineteen wrapped up and cementing our position via further squad improvement.

Number Twenty hopefully isn't a long time away, but just get Nineteen done and see where we are. We look strong and a few rivals are still in transition (Chelsea, United, Spurs, Arsenal ALL are in fact) so we'll be in a good position to do pretty well in coming seasons unless we somehow capitulate massively, which I simply don't see happening.

What we MIGHT do at some point in Klopp's tenure is have one awful spell, a half-season of worry - akin to the first half of Klopp's final season at Dortmund. Provided we weather that storm collectively, I foresee no real problems around the corner for us.

We got this. I'd love to reach the Champion's League quarter-finals this year and see where we can go - besides the prestige that comes with Big Ears, the money would be really, really helpful for us going forward. The "swing" of having an extra £60m or so when a rival misses out is a massive £120m and over a few seasons, with the "right" combinations of sides finishing in / missing out on Top Four, we can really get ahead of rivals for a prolonged period.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

To be fair, there was plenty of that talk last summer when we lost by a point to a team everyone said would dominate for a decade, some on here were even saying they won't see us win the title in their lifetime.

As for this season's 'blip', it could be that they've spent so much mental energy over 2 years trying to catch and surpass a team that was supposedly uncatchable, that now they've realised they've achieved it they've dropped down a few %. That's all it takes at this level to go from the best to scrapping it out with mid to low table teams.

On Wednesday we'll see for sure how bad this dip in form is. I'm hoping they need that rush of danger to get them going again after being in 'cruise control' for the past few weeks.
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."

Fair enough. On a separate note anyone see the picture of harry Wilson at the game yesterday wearing a liverpool team jacket. Obvious where he wants to be next season
    He was interviewed before the game and said he's got a decision to make after the Euros in the summer. I reckon he'll be off, he knows he's not going to get the game time here.
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."

I can't see Wilson getting the game time he wants especially if we expectedly sign another forward. Selling him and Grujic could just about offset the cost of signing Werner