Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 691011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Bobby Firmino...

Quote Originally Posted by toneata View Post
    He was interviewed before the game and said he's got a decision to make after the Euros in the summer. I reckon he'll be off, he knows he's not going to get the game time here.
    Why was he allowed to wear a Liverpool jacket ? Very disrespectful to his current club.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    It's easy to blame it on tiredness and fatigue, but our front 3 have played virtually all important games for months and months. We have won most of those games, and rarely was tiredness and fatigue mentioned.
    Well... yes? That's how fatigue works - it's built up over time and isn't an issue until it is.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    If they were in need of a rest, i'm sure Klopp would be the first to do something about it. Some players are naturally more fit than others, they get their rest by getting taken off in games, it must be enough.
    That's not what a lot on here were saying back in November and December when we were eeking out 1-0 wins. I remember having the same conversation we have every year (under Klopp) at the time - this is how they're trained. To heat peak performance towards the end of March and April (+ I assume, the winter marathon, especially this year with the CWC). That could also be playing a factor. Last year we wobbled right after winter and then went on a huge run.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Physical Fatigue and being “gassed” is just an excuse. These players are in their prime, mid twenties the most of them. You can put a few passes together without being physically tired.
    Come now, we both know playing football at the highest possible level is a bit more just putting a few passes together. Training for a game, being ready for the exhaustion twice a week. That takes a toll no matter your age.

I think it’s a lot deeper than that and the mental fatigue is the one that’s going to be the most damaging of all. Bobby not scoring at Anfield for a year, that will definitely play on his mind. Adrian making a few mistakes, whereas before, he was quite solid has made him an accident waiting to happen.
    Adrian make a howler or two the first time he was forced to play, but that gets conveniently swept under the rug to suit the narrative that the world is ending. Not that I necessarily disagree that the wheels have come off, mind you. I just think you're being a bit too pessimistic.

It’s a lot deeper than physical tiredness. I don’t know what it is. I don’t think they know what it is either. All I know is that this title needs to be sewn up, MATHEMATICALLY, anything else that comes along is a bonus.
    It's almost as if putting together the best start to a season ever in your sport's 100+ year history takes a mental toll as well. Would you honestly expect them to feel no pressure and no mental fatigue after performing at such a level for two years now? I think it's only natural. Not great, but it had to happen eventually. That's one of the reasons I think a transfer or two will help revitalise the boys after the league win and the lackluster exit of the CL at the hands of Simeone.

Maybe it’s just pessimism, but we’ve been within touching distance, it being in our hands before and we’ve let it slip away. You can argue that the point difference is way more significant this time around, but god forbid, an injury to another key player a bigger dip in form and it can go tits up.
    Yes, it's just pessimism.

The “Aguerooooooo” goal just shows you that it’s not won till it’s fucking won.

I should keep future posts to a solitary paragraph from now on. Apologies
    Agreed. Let's get it sown up and send the boys off on vacation ASAP. The summer is going to be busy for them.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    I foresee a massive drop off next season tbh.
    I foresee an even more stellar season competing in every competition if we address our holding No8 attacking No8 balance in our squad and get Werner in, further evolution to even higher levels beckons
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    I foresee a massive drop off next season tbh.
    We need to improve the quality and quantity of our first team squad in order to prevent a drop off.

Retaining a title or cup is inherently more difficult anyway, so it wouldn't be a surprise to see some drop off, which considering the incredible intensity this team has maintained for 2 years would be perfectly understandable.

Doesn't mean we won't be competing again next season mind.

Don't listen to bitter rival fans, City aren't shite this season, our relentless form made them crumble.
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."

I bet if we play with an out and out forward we will look more threatening.. We are trying to push a camel through the eye of a needle right now,with our over playing. Stop trying to play the perfect game and be more positive.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I bet if we play with an out and out forward we will look more threatening.. We are trying to push a camel through the eye of a needle right now,with our over playing. Stop trying to play the perfect game and be more positive.
    But who is that man right now Justme?

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    But who is that man right now Justme?
    Thats the problem..Either Mane or Salah but they rarely get shifted from either position .Klopp doesnt seem interested in a natural number 9. Even in the summer. I bet we will prioritize a wide man rather than out and out forward.
    We need both positions addressed
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I bet we will prioritize a wide man rather than out and out forward.
    We need both positions addressed
    We probably need a more senior figure than this, but Abdallah Sima looks a promising talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    We probably need a more senior figure than this, but Abdallah Sima looks a promising talent.
    But Sid, he is a 19 year old playing for Slavia Prague with just 19 top flight appearances