Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast

Thread: Bobby Firmino...

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    “José Mourinho’s embrace of the untouchable Brazilian was as close as Tottenham got to Jürgen Klopp’s match-winner on a day when Spurs were left chasing red ghosts”

....our number 9..

https://www.theguardian.com/football...rinho#comments
    Great article, even some of the comments:

"Even when he’s a bit crap he is fascinating to watch. Such a unique player."

He is truly a unique and wonderful player.

Looked on the expensive side when we bought him, but it seems like a bargain now. Amazing player.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Looked on the expensive side when we bought him, but it seems like a bargain now. Amazing player.
    Top top class He did the 'no look' celebration but it wasn't 'no look' he'd looked before he fooled the defender, world class technique though, he knew where the goal was, didn't look as he was in the motion of striking it, it was only at the last split second as he struck it that his technique revealed exactly where we was putting it and he blasted it, but how he was shaped until then looked to the keeper like he was going to blast it near post. All players should practice that, it's not hard with practice and it's pretty devastating, because the keeper doesn't know where your shot's going and can't read it in any way
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Top top class He did the 'no look' celebration but it wasn't 'no look' he'd looked before he fooled the defender, world class technique though, he knew where the goal was, didn't look as he was in the motion of striking it, it was only at the last split second as he struck it that his technique revealed exactly where we was putting it and he blasted it, but how he was shaped until then looked to the keeper like he was going to blast it near post. All players should practice that, it's not hard with practice and it's pretty devastating, because the keeper doesn't know where your shot's going and can't read it in any way
    I think his celebration was a reference to the one eyed celebration he did after vertongen (was it?) poked his eye out last season against spurs.

Firmino has redefined the false 9 position

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    I think his celebration was a reference to the one eyed celebration he did after vertongen (was it?) poked his eye out last season against spurs.
    Oh, I didn't know that, some fucker did that to me at a corner once, thumbed me right in the eye, knocked it out of shape, played the rest of the game seeing 2 or 3 of everything and guessing which ball was the real one, might me fell quite sick, he knocked the lens out of shape, it went back to it's proper shape on it's own, can't remember how long it took

It was double world class by Bobby, did the defender and keeper twice with slight movement and body shape, that's the Bobby Brazilian razzle dazzle I was looking for, draws the defender by shaping as though he's going to go right footed, to move him half a yard and get him on the wrong foot (weight on the wrong foot) which allows him to let it come onto his left with the time to take a touch, then the super last split second change of body shape having fooled everyone he was going near post with the strike, top top class

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    Firmino has redefined the false 9 position
    Firmino is a False Zero mate.

He is a footballing Keyser Söze.

The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled is convincing the World he didn't exist.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Yes Bobby

And Hendo highly influential

Bobby's early chance was also brilliantly created for himself with superb disguise, that's the heel turn/Cryuff turn adaptation I've been going on about, shape for all the world as though you're going to smash it with your right, as the defender comes across to block clip it with the heel of your right foot behind your left standing foot, with that touch setting you up to instantly plant your right foot next to the ball and smash it home with your left, or lay if off to a better placed player
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 13th January 2020 at 01:58 AM.