Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151619 ... LastLast

Thread: Bobby Firmino...

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Origi is one of the nicest human beings around and will always have a special place in my Heart despite not being a "star" - much like appreciating Kuyt or Agger as much as Torres or Carragher.

But despite his exploits against Everton and in the Champion's League, when I think about the big picture and our chance to truly Dynasty-build again via a lens of cold, hard facts/data analysis, he just looks like a player to sell to help fund the acquisition of a better fit for what can be a truly remarkable side.

I do feel a little guilty about that, no question. But if one things of (hypothetical numbers/players here) a £35m sale of Origi and a £25m sale of Shaqiri so we can attain a £60m Werner, you can't help but think "absolutely the right decision for the Club".

I very much want him to have a great career and a happy life and I would be ecstatic if he became a Colossus for us, but he isn't going to usurp one of our front three and when we talk about improving the first XI, well, we're so damn good that most of our fans talk about bloody Mbappe!

That's just the level we are at and it isn't his fault.
    I think even if we sign MBappe or Werner we'll keep him for at least another season and work hard on trying to develop him further, he has everything he needs to be a top player, he just needs our coaches or some one on one coaching to help him put it altogether
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Totally agree.. Origi is more than a handful (just ask the BS or Barcelona) even when he doesn't score.

He hasn't got close to his true potential yet either. Maybe he never will but he is one hell of a squad player for now. Love him to bits..

Werner and Origi would be very useful attacking options next season, along with a young up and coming pacy wide man who can score goals.

Agree about Origi

Just sometimes you want to give him an old school kick up the backside

As I said on other thread

There is a player there... but...

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    Agree about Origi

Just sometimes you want to give him an old school kick up the backside

As I said on other thread

There is a player there... but...
    Ha ha absolutely warrants a kick up the backside at times, he needs to be working harder than ever at his game now and some help putting it all together

3 assists today from our brilliant Brazilian with plenty of the old Brazilian razzle dazzle, he WILL score at Anfield this season

Brilliant run from Bobby to move Bertrand from the space Hendo was making and inside out run into and a superb ball from Big Bear and a superb ball from Captain fantastic to beat the defender and release Mo for his first, the old Bobby dazzler

Read this stat on bbc:

Firmino became the fifth Liverpool player to record three assists in a single Premier League match, after (most recent first) Trent Alexander-Arnold, Alberto Aquilani, Vladimir Smicer and Stan Collymore.

when did Aquilani do that? .... may be when he was fast improving?

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Totally agree.. Origi is more than a handful (just ask the BS or Barcelona) even when he doesn't score.

He hasn't got close to his true potential yet either. Maybe he never will but he is one hell of a squad player for now. Love him to bits..
    Is it possible to play to his strengths when he's on? I feel he's more of a natural goal scorer that the others ...and in a more conventional system he would thrive....

It would be much easier to get someone who fits the system to be fair.....

Probably true about him thriving more in a conventional system but we still need that ability to tweak the system. He offers us that so well.