Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: AC Milan (possible sidenote Serie A discussion)

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Whys that? I always thought he seemed a pretty sound guy when not in manager mode.

I believe he is a sound guy just not a very happy one. At least that is what I am told by friends of mine in Setubal. It might just be the envy of locals talking but those who knew him well suggest he was always a desperately lonely fella.

I don’t know him personally, he seems to come alive on camera - an act??? but his general demeanour off camera does seem pretty dour.

Notorious bottlers Napoli could go 4th if they win their match tomorrow.

"No big deal" I hear you say - but if they achieve the feat, Juventus would be knocked down to 5th spot, with only one League match left to play.

In short, there's a very real possibility of Juventus being without Champion's League football next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Notorious bottlers Napoli could go 4th if they win their match tomorrow.

"No big deal" I hear you say - but if they achieve the feat, Juventus would be knocked down to 5th spot, with only one League match left to play.

In short, there's a very real possibility of Juventus being without Champion's League football next season.
    I felt it was a bizarre decision to sack Sarri and give Pirlo the job at the time and it has proven to be a disastrous decision.

Quote Originally Posted by reddownunder View Post
    I felt it was a bizarre decision to sack Sarri and give Pirlo the job at the time and it has proven to be a disastrous decision.
    Indeed.

They're in a very iffy spot financially and apparently within the last 48 hours have asked players to accept their salaries 4 months late as cash flow is that big an issue.

If they do go on to miss out on Top Four they could really struggle. Not indefinitely of course, they're too big a club, but the repercussions would certainly be felt. They're certainly unlikely to be able to justify Ronaldo's wages and you'd imagine he wouldn't want to play in a side without Champion's League football anyway - he wouldn't be alone either.

I'm curious as to how Fiorentina play against Napoli. Their fans have hated Juventus for years (a lot of ill feeling stems from the Roberto Baggio transfer even now!) and it wouldn't really shock me if Fiorentina didn't exactly "play out of their skins" in a situation where they could trip Juventus up in such drastic fashion.

Problem with Juventus is the age of the team. The likes of Ronaldo. who scores loads of goals. But the facts his legs have gone and he doesnt run anymore. doesnt help the team same with other players..
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

The Italian league seems to be the graveyard for aging footballers. It's not what it used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    The Italian league seems to be the graveyard for aging footballers. It's not what it used to be.
    Indeed.

There are glimmers of hope though. Ibrahimovic aside, this AC Milan side is mostly a young squad and Atalanta have a good balance age-wise plus can play some of Europe's best Football when it's clicking.

Absolutely. Never recovered from the fixing scandal IMO.

Ripped the guts out of it in truth.

The Italian league was once the envy of the world - but now it is a bit of a joke. It will always attract top players in search of La Dolce Vita but might take a generation or two to get back to its former glory.

Think football has taken a back seat too - huge problems in cutting off the many tentacles of organised crime which literally run the state.

Napoli are 2-0 up against 10-man Fiorentina with just 15 minutes to go.

It's out of the hands of Juventus now, bar a crazy finish to the end of the game.

Will Napoli win their last game?

4-0 up against Bologna, Juventus are doing everything in their power to qualify for the Champion's League.

AC Milan are currently 1-0 up against Atalanta though, which puts it out of Juve's hands and the live table means that, as it stands, Juventus would miss out - which would be a disaster with their aging squad and in the face of the financial hit that came with the Pandemic.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay