Page 94 of 113 FirstFirst ... 448487888990919293949596979899100101104 ... LastLast

Thread: The demise of Manchester United

Their 'fans' have come out of the woodwork these past couple of weeks. Cunts wouldn't talk football these past 2 years but can't wait to talk too you now.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Their 'fans' have come out of the woodwork these past couple of weeks. Cunts wouldn't talk football these past 2 years but can't wait to talk too you now.
    Aye they have. Was always going to happen, plenty of time and Thursday nights for it to go to shit for them yet. Let's wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    They're obviously super excited to be playing Real Sociedad on a Thursday.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

I don't have one, but if i had a hat i would eat it, if Solskjaer ever won the league with that team.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    I don't have one, but if i had a hat i would eat it, if Solskjaer ever won the league with that team.
    Or......

.............................you could "Crank that Soulja Boy" and upload a video in here.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Where their points are coming from speaks volumes.

From their 7 games that they have now played against what Sky call the "Big 6" plus the addition of Leicester (we'll call it the "Big 7") they have managed to get 5 points - from a possible 21. Goes without saying that they can't play against themselves.

0 wins, 5 draws, 2 defeats. I think they have scored 1 goal amongst that, with 0-0 being the most common result in the draws.

In the other 14 games matches that they have played this season, ie against the sides we're expecting to finish 8th-20th, they have amassed 36 points from a possible 42, which to be fair is good going. Prior to the Sheffield United result it had been 36 points from the available 39, so they had very nearly won them all. Credit where due.

Whether it's Fernandes, Cavani, VAR, penalties or whatever, they've clocked up a decent points haul against what we might call "the rest" but we are seeing a massive drop-off against the better sides.

Perhaps that's quality, perhaps that's the defensive set-up on display against better sides, perhaps it's both. Given Solskjaer's history under Fergie, who maintained you should beat the weaker teams and draw the better teams, it makes sense as a target - on paper.

There's a very obvious problem though. Under Fergie it was maybe a "Big Four" and not a "Big 6" or a "Big 7" - and you simply can't go into nearly 30% of your games with a view to nicking a point and hope to win the League in these "new" times of the points total having been raised - if they're ridiculously lucky it might work in this weird season where City are without Aguero and we are without centre-backs (thus a lower tally is likely) but what about next season?

If they have (serious) ambitions of finishing top of the pile, that strategy surely isn't going to cut it anymore.

Hopefully they have plenty more of these points dropped in them yet.

Liverpool v bottom 6

1 win
    4 draws
    1 defeat

7 points from 18

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    Liverpool v bottom 6

1 win
    4 draws
    1 defeat

7 points from 18
    We certainly need to improve on that, but we have been so injury-hit this season, whereas Man United haven't.

I'd be amazed if we didn't seriously improve in that area next season.

I have seen it all. Of all clubs in England, all clubs in England, Ole is all over the back pages tomorrow claiming his players are too nice to referees!!

Say fuckin what now????

Is there a more one eyed bunch of pricks so lacking in self awareness on this God forsaken planet????

Detestable club rotten to it’s very core.
    Last edited by miller0863; 2nd February 2021 at 01:16 AM.

They're getting a lot of weird coverage at the moment. BBC vote was saying (to be fair fan votes can be skewed) that the public had voted Fernandes the best January transfer ever - he isn't even the best Man United January transfer! Also a list of players had red lines through them to say "no, it wasn't him" and one of them was "Surez" - herp derp.

Know what though? Let them have the spotlight for a while and we can keep laying more groundwork for future business.