Page 72 of 113 FirstFirst ... 226265666768697071727374757677787982 ... LastLast

Thread: The demise of Manchester United

Cavani spoils my perfect score forecast.
    Bastard!

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Cavani spoils my perfect score forecast.
    Bastard!
    It's a right kick in the nads when that happens isn't it? It cost me retaining my title last season.

As Steveo said earlier. Ole is a dead man walking.
    The excuses are coming thick and fast....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54855589
    Offender Of The Offended...!!

It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!

Klopp has come out in support of Solskjaer.

Quote Originally Posted by stevie harkness View Post
    Klopp has come out in support of Solskjaer.
    Any sane manager of any opposition side would
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Any sane manager of any opposition side would
    Ha, not many of them about though, it seems.

"Manchester United are prioritising the right side of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's team for strengthening in the next two transfer windows in order to address the shortcomings in Aaron Wan-Bissaka's game at right-back.

The 23-year-old has made a positive impact on the United defence since arriving from Crystal Palace in 2019 by providing defensive reliability. But Wan-Bissaka's lack of progress in developing the attacking side of his game has left United concerned by the threat levels posed to opponents in the attacking areas of the pitch.

United and Solskjaer have been searching for a right winger and attacking right midfielder for over 12 months, with Borussia Dortmund's England forward Jadon Sancho a long-term target. Attempts to sign Sancho during the summer window proved frustratingly unsuccessful for Solskjaer, who believes that United's lack of cutting edge down the right is having a detrimental effect on his team.

Wan-Bissaka has been encouraged to compensate for the absence of a right winger by being more adventurous down his side of the pitch, but his distribution and attacking qualities remain unconvincing.

United believe that serious competition for his place at right-back will accelerate an improvement in Wan-Bissaka's game, but a move for an attacking player is also a priority."

I find the idea of buying a right-back for big bucks and having to plan a lot of your transfer action around the weaker parts of your expensive transfer's game pretty laughable, frankly.

All on their last group game away to Leipzig now, unfortunately i think they'll probably win

Cavani is a very good signing for them, i would have liked us to offload Origi and get him on a free on a 2 year deal if i'm honest, especially with the crossing ability we have in our side
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Agree but what sort of wages is he on..? Mahusive no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    All on their last group game away to Leipzig now, unfortunately i think they'll probably win
    Do suspect United will win, but I wouldn't underestimate Leipzig.

Besides, we want those around us to persist in Europe a little further yet, whether it's the Champion's League or the Europa League - those who have full weeks to prepare stand a better chance in their push for the Title or Top Four respectively.

The main thing they need is an Elite finisher - but if they get one (Haaland?) and can replace Pogba with someone who compliments Fernandes a bit more, then they don't look too bad really.

Their main issue really is that there are other clubs with momentum, or better-placed to begin with. Ourselves and City are good, Spurs have "second-season Mourinho" which the history books would suggest is him at the peak of his powers, Chelsea are having a good go at "buying" the League. Don't rate Leicester's longevity though you never know - Villa and Southampton could be the "surprise package" this year.

Long season anyway. Would be a good chuckle if Leipzig forced them into the Europa, though I'd much rather see them have to face Bayern.