Page 112 of 113 FirstFirst ... 1262102105106107108109110111112113 LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1126

Thread: The demise of Manchester United

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Speaking of wages, Fernandes and Maguire apparently both set to be getting £300,000-per-week deals soon.

Ronaldo £510,000
    De Gea £375,000
    Sancho £350,000
    Varane £340,000
    Pogba £290,000

- plus Fernandes and Maguire possibly getting these rises to around £300,000.

That would be roughly £110m a year on those 7 players? Are my maths way out? That seems a madness - yes, they're still thriving from commercial deals made on the back end of Ferguson's success with them, but surely (unless the silverware comes) the sponsors have to remind them that they haven't won one of the biggest two trophies in years?

If they don't get what they want from Ronaldo's time at their club, they're literally a couple of seasons away from not having won the League for 10 seasons and not having won the Champion's League for 15 seasons - assuming the Glazers don't sell up, that (relative) lack of success has to catch up to them eventually, does it not?
    Luke Shaw has been earning Salahs wages for sometime now.

Also think Fernandes will end up on a Ronaldo wage and certainly above the rest of their higher earners.

Pogbasreported wages I've seen at 350 kpw and again if he signs Mino will be looking for an increase on his current wages

Looks like more chaos ahead for the biggest club in the world. They all looked lost on the pitch today and sounded depressed in the interviews.

Like i have said several timess.. You look at their midfield with Matic Pogba and Fernandes.. as well as Ronaldo at the top of the attack.
    Apart from Pogba theres not much legs in there.. Fernandes may offer a lot going forward. but on the back of attacks of the opposition, hes not gonna be able to run back and defend and then be able to get forward quick enough.
    They may have an extra midfielder against us. That means they will have to drop a forward. It wont be Ronaldo. firstly Ole wont be allowed to and secondly hes on a huge whack of money.
    If they play Fernandes in the Ronaldo roll and play Ronaldo on the left. he wont offer protection for their full back. TAA will get free reign to attack down their right..
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

I think Ole just needs more time, he's changed the system to 433 to try and get the best out of Pogba and Ronaldo, he just needs time
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I suspect he will be given time until Sir Alex says time is up. So, hopefully the old man thinks his advice is all Ole needs to turn things around.

‘You should always play your best players’
    Let’s go with that

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I think Ole just needs more time, he's changed the system to 433 to try and get the best out of Pogba and Ronaldo, he just needs time
    Ya, they need another hardworking striker to play alongside Ronaldo to do all the dirty job and let Ronaldo focus on scoring.
    Pogba also need another DM to cover his defensive liability, life is so difficult for Ole to handle those super duper stars, need to please them and their fans.

They've an array of attacking talent but their midfield is poor.

What do people think Klopp would get from Pogba - Fernandes, Mata, Van De Beek, Lingard… and company?

From where I am sitting, it’s the manager who looks poor. Out of his depth and a slave to too many masters.

In all honesty, it’s a very good job that he is too.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    What do people think Klopp would get from Pogba - Fernandes, Mata, Van De Beek, Lingard… and company?

From where I am sitting, it’s the manager who looks poor. Out of his depth and a slave to too many masters.

In all honesty, it’s a very good job that he is too.
    They need a midfield work horse instead of 4 show pony’s.

Quote Originally Posted by fiordearg View Post
    They've an array of attacking talent but their midfield is poor.
    Thats right, there's only Fernándes who gets picked every week from that midfield. Of the attackers, I wouldn't swap any for ours .