Page 101 of 113 FirstFirst ... 5191949596979899100101102103104105106107108111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1126

Thread: The demise of Manchester United

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Not ageing too well this one.

A chastising lesson in not tempting fate.
    Not now the establishments support of them you spoke of in another thread has well and truly kicked in

I actually warned about the VAR at the end of last season, when they started getting bogus penalties and other decisions that were contrary to the footage and this buzz word 'subjective' was introduced, without which they wouldn't have made top four last season

And last night, drawing 1-1 struggling to break Newcastle down, the Newcastle lad goes to challenge Rashford, on replay very clearly pulls out of the challenge, perhaps at the point of stopping making the very slightest outstep to outstep contact on Rashfords foot if any at all, and he throws himself to ground with a clear dive, penalty, VAR review, penalty
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief

OH....

.....I'm afraid...

....the deflector shield.....

......will be QUITE op-er-a-tion-al....

.....when your friends.....arrive.........

Ole must stay Love it, the Premier League, English FA and refs association MUST keep giving them the free hand outs and trying to take points off their rivals at every opportunity the get too, because with a manager who can't instill the necessary focus, hunger and desire in his players and them relying on free hands outs and officials taking points of other clubs for them, they are NEVER going to develop a winning mentality, NEVER, because every time they can't rely on officials to bail them out or teams don't give officials opportunities to help them and they are faced with a situation where THEY have to try and win something for themselves and on merit, they're going to fall flat on their face
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

another pish poor performance

we almost caught them in the league and we had a disastrous season. Ole isn't that good in my opinion. Maybe I'll be proved wrong, but I suspect under normal conditions he will struggle to make real progress. At the moment its a bit like having Roy Evans at the helm. They can play some nice football with all the talent in the team but they are not reliable and it's not clear who will have the vision to sack him.

If that end of season VAR table is to be believed and they are on 0 and Liverpool on -6 then we surpassed them in the league. It's all whataboutery at this stage, but still....

https://attachment.outlook.live.net/...animation=true

damn.. can't post Moreno's hilarious taunting of Utd
    Sir what is going on.. things is not going according to plan. u promiss early signing. noting happen. Man u 3 player now

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    https://attachment.outlook.live.net/...animation=true

damn.. can't post Moreno's hilarious taunting of Utd
    It the funniest thing I’ve seen. “For all the fans of Liverpool, get out, man United GET OUT!” Hahaha

Get oowwwt!

Manchester United - Settled back four basically all season, with arguably the best (defensive) right-back in the league, Shaw having a really good season by his standards, and Maguire only injured at season's end.

Goals conceded - 44

Liverpool - No fit senior centre-backs for huge chunk of the season, two centre-backs from the "B-team" with little or maybe even no(?) Premier League games together, a 21-year old brought in from a relegated Bundesliga team (who goes on to get injured) being our most senior centre-back, a right-back whose priority it is to attack and an exhausted Robertson being a bit below his typically high standard for much of the season.

Goals conceded - 42

Thankfully they were able to make 10 changes against Leicester (while it was still mathematically possible for them to win the League) to ensure that Liverpool finished outside the Top Fo.......oh.

Entered the Europa on account of botching their Champion's League group, handed a relatively easy route to the Final and beaten by a side with a MINUS net spend over the last 10 seasons of approximately £41m, having spent £840m-ish themselves in the same timeframe.

No doubt Gary Neville is delighted that a smaller side with modest spending beat up one of the Super League naughty children. A victory for Football. I'm sure he won't be advocating a £200m spend this Summer, because these protests are totally all about preserving the beautiful game.

13/14 - no League title
    14/15 - no League title
    15/16 - no League title
    16/17 - no League title
    17/18 - no League title
    18/19 - no League title
    19/20 - no League title
    20/22 - no League title

From 13-from-18 to 0-in-8.

Bellissimo. Football is cyclical and the sheer volume of money they throw at their problems, combined with the hand-outs from officials means they will "get it right" eventually but for now, enjoy the free entertainment.

If anyone can get "glory glory Al Moreno" going at Old Trafford next season I'll appreciate the laughter!