Page 102 of 113 FirstFirst ... 252929596979899100101102103104105106107108109112 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1126

Thread: The demise of Manchester United

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    OH....

.....I'm afraid...

....the deflector shield.....

......will be QUITE op-er-a-tion-al....

.....when your friends.....arrive.........
    It's a trap!

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Manchester United - Settled back four basically all season, with arguably the best (defensive) right-back in the league, Shaw having a really good season by his standards, and Maguire only injured at season's end.

Goals conceded - 44

Liverpool - No fit senior centre-backs for huge chunk of the season, two centre-backs from the "B-team" with little or maybe even no(?) Premier League games together, a 21-year old brought in from a relegated Bundesliga team (who goes on to get injured) being our most senior centre-back, a right-back whose priority it is to attack and an exhausted Robertson being a bit below his typically high standard for much of the season.

Goals conceded - 42

Thankfully they were able to make 10 changes against Leicester (while it was still mathematically possible for them to win the League) to ensure that Liverpool finished outside the Top Fo.......oh.

Entered the Europa on account of botching their Champion's League group, handed a relatively easy route to the Final and beaten by a side with a MINUS net spend over the last 10 seasons of approximately £41m, having spent £840m-ish themselves in the same timeframe.

No doubt Gary Neville is delighted that a smaller side with modest spending beat up one of the Super League naughty children. A victory for Football. I'm sure he won't be advocating a £200m spend this Summer, because these protests are totally all about preserving the beautiful game.

13/14 - no League title
    14/15 - no League title
    15/16 - no League title
    16/17 - no League title
    17/18 - no League title
    18/19 - no League title
    19/20 - no League title
    20/22 - no League title

From 13-from-18 to 0-in-8.

Bellissimo. Football is cyclical and the sheer volume of money they throw at their problems, combined with the hand-outs from officials means they will "get it right" eventually but for now, enjoy the free entertainment.

If anyone can get "glory glory Al Moreno" going at Old Trafford next season I'll appreciate the laughter!
    Watched goldbridge reacts for our recent game v them, bruno scores and he proceeded to... enjoy Thursday night football, that aged well

Agree on Neville, imo he and other united fans were trying to leverage the ESL to get FSG out when mancs had cheered on city to thwart LFC.
    So transparent imo that they are desperate to oust fsg as much as the Glazers while giving the man-sheikh a pass, Roman the football lover too.

What's the deal with this Confernece European League Sid ?
    A new European league that hasn't been presented in the same light or lens.

Or should we believe the same fans who cheered on in support of man city are now all of a sudden concerned for the welfare of LFC fans ?

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    What's the deal with this Confernece European League Sid ?
    Reasonably good link on it - https://cartilagefreecaptain.sbnation.com/2021/5/26/22453900/tottenham-hotspur-europa-conference-league-an-explainer
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

@CC

Quite frankly FSG should fuck off - they have shown their hand too many times to be trusted. - not that they are as bad as the glazers BUT Klopp did amazingly well despite the pricks.

And stop defending your Uncle John with everything you have got - it looks really really pathetic coming from someone who has never even been to a sodding game.

We get it - United couldn’t even win the Europa League - haha - but just like us v Sevilla.

They did finish above us in the league and made a European final...

So this stupid fucking thread should be closed down too
    Last edited by Steveo; 27th May 2021 at 09:06 PM.

Don’t know why this thread makes you so nervous, Steveo. Seems like a reasonable discussion to me.

Talking about your main rivals is perfectly natural in competitive sport. Or perhaps, to use your own logic, maybe you love man united a little too much

Cause I am afflicted with that daft superstitious rubbish. I know it is nonsense deep down yet I can’t shake the thought that we are jinxing ourselves with this.

Also - I hate them so much - I try my best whenever possible to forget they even exist.

48 now - only likely to get worse

Utd will spend a fortune to try and bridge the gap to champions but unless they replace ole it will never work. They know they are in a false position so really they need to bridge the gap to 90 odd pts to come top. They will have their own battle for 4th and if they lose out in that then a new mgr will come in.

Only var can save them

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    @CC

Quite frankly FSG should fuck off - they have shown their hand too many times to be trusted. - not that they are as bad as the glazers BUT Klopp did amazingly well despite the pricks.

And stop defending your Uncle John with everything you have got - it looks really really pathetic coming from someone who has never even been to a sodding game.

We get it - United couldn’t even win the Europa League - haha - but just like us v Sevilla.

They did finish above us in the league and made a European final...

So this stupid fucking thread should be closed down too
    I was chatting with Sid, maybe try pissing on your shoes for luck

1 premier league title, 1 european cup, 2 nearly league titles, 1 nearly cl title.

Considering what they inherited it's nice to see your typical level headed analysis....
    Not that they are as bad as the Glazers...

One shit season, still crept into top4, with you trying to belittle every win. Must be gutting for you

The realisation that their team is shit finally hit home today. Fucking marvellous it was today after calling us the worst champions ever !!
    These past 3 weeks couldn't of went any worse for them plus having to watch their City rivals probably win the Champions league at the weekend.
    Keep Ole at the wheel please.