Page 103 of 113 FirstFirst ... 3539396979899100101102103104105106107108109110 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1126

Thread: The demise of Manchester United

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    The realisation that their team is shit finally hit home today. Fucking marvellous it was today after calling us the worst champions ever !!
    These past 3 weeks couldn't of went any worse for them plus having to watch their City rivals probably win the Champions league at the weekend.
    Keep Ole at the wheel please.
    Their cup final was at old trafford and they lost badly.
    They were more pissed of we made into next seasons CL than they were at losing the Europa final.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    They did finish above us in the league and made a European final...

So this stupid fucking thread should be closed down too
    We've won a League title and the Champion's League within the last 3 seasons.

They've won nothing in the last 4 years. Nothing.
    They've not won a League for 8 years.
    They've not won a European Cup for 13 years.

Will Man United win things again? Yes.

Will Liverpool botch things again? Yes.

That's Football. Make Peace with it. We're in a good way these days, overall. Qualified for the Champion's League 5 seasons in a row.

It's not THAT long ago that they nearly bought Vieira. Engine of that Arsenal side that won 2 of 3 League seasons - that means United could realistically have won 15 of 18 titles - and Sky were looking to buy them in the '00s.

It didn't happen and they're 2 seasons away from a decade of no League titles. Enjoy the piss-taking side of it, revel in the fact we're largely on the right track and don't stress over a few lads chatting about a Club that is interesting to watch from the outside as they go through what we did in the 90s. Our chatter will have no bearing on things - if it did we would have missed out on Top Four.

Calm. Green. Pitches.

Imagine your full-backs....over-lapping in a rainforest....

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    Talking about your main rivals is perfectly natural in competitive sport.
    Yip.

@CC

Absolute gash.

I am seemingly the one who is most overjoyed at our heroics ( despite the shite show from the owners) to make top 4 and finish 3rd so perhaps you need to unwind your neck. Nobody has been more vocal on this point so your bottom line is as bum a note as you are likely to make.

From my perspective it is all about us - I couldn’t give a flying monkey about them. They aren’t worth my time.

I see they lost last night - great.. but that is it. They don’t matter to me.

And to the others who find it perfectly fine:
    Seems a little rich to be laughing and gloating too much at a team that made it to a European ( I know it’s not a CL Final but still ) final and finished 5 points above us.

I realise quite a few just don’t get it but it seems so small time. They are t worthy of much more than some passing scorn.

Each to their own - but this doesn’t look good or make for good karma.

@ Sid - As you say - in 2 years United will have gone a decade without a title.. So if they win next season or the season after - they will likely have won more silverware this last decade than us.

And also - you say how us finishing in the top 4 proves this “chatter” has no bearing - but it happened while many were lambasting this thread - and while even you were doubtful of us making it.

It bloody worked - don’t you see?

Surely you are learning the ropes at last?

@CC

Absolute gash.

I am seemingly the one who is most overjoyed at our heroics ( despite the shite show from the owners) to make top 4 and finish 3rd so perhaps you need to unwind your neck. Nobody has been more vocal on this point so your bottom line is as bum a note as you are likely to make.

From my perspective it is all about us - I couldn’t give a flying monkey about them. They aren’t worth my time.

Seems a little rich to be laughing and gloating too much at a team that made it to a European ( I know it’s not a CL Final but still ) final and finished 5 points above us.

I realise quite a few just don’t get it but it seems so small time. They are t worthy of much more than some passing scorn.

It matters a lot to about 95% of us I’d say. We are obsessed with them as they are with us.

@ Sid - As you say - in 2 years United will have gone a decade without a title.. So if they win next season or the season after - they will likely have won more silverware this last decade than us.

And also - you say how us finishing in the top 4 proves this “chatter” has no bearing - but it happened while many were lambasting this thread - and while even you were doubtful of us making it.

It bloody worked - don’t you see?

Surely you are learning the ropes at last?
    This Covid fxxking pandemic is making everyone so frustrated, just a little joke some joy here, I think make no harm, take it easy my friend.

I am mostly joking in that post with Sid too mate. But it is true that as many started lamenting this season - we started to win.

I just don’t think it’s that wise to be gloating at them - not for a cynic like me anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    It matters a lot to about 95% of us I’d say. We are obsessed with them as they are with us.

As a whole absolutely - we are their only true rivals as we are to them.

But in relation to their failure in Gdańsk...and after finishing 5 points ahead of us... No - it’s a case of have a chuckle. That’s all - from my perspective at least.

There was also spin of how Neville was trying to oust FSG too..? An attempt to reframe ‘uncle John’ as the good guy.. WTF? That was interwoven into the joy of their loss - as though us finishing 3rd can be attributed to the ineptitude of the owners.

In the words of Victor Meldrew... “I don’t believe it...”

I know they are fluffing their lines - and long may that continue BUT just a few weeks ago United were genuinely in a position where a league title ( mathematically )and a European final win was on the cards.

The timing of this thread ( late January 2020 ) coupled by our own relative demise and United’s semi renaissance is not to be sniffed at...
    Last edited by Steveo; 28th May 2021 at 08:34 AM.

@CC

Absolute gash.

I've already told you to piss on your shoes for good luck.

Maybe you should start a thread to offset us shit fans, you know one praising all things united, how they are likely to have won more titles than us over the last decade in 2 years time. The unstoppable rise of oles mighty united. How ole is possibly repeating a new era of ferguson

For a man who goes on about luck it's a bit odd how it's never you, you seemed as happy as a pig in shit this season. A man who seems to want our lucky owners out asap.
    Lucky owners who took over the club from G&H, lucky owners who built a new stand, lucky owners who landed klopp, who won no6, who broke a 30 year duck. You want them out asap...

This season I've seen you praise city and chelsea owners as football lovers, defend G&H v fsg, and now you want a cessation of slagging off uniteds failure to win a btec final, having rested their players v Leicester in a bid to force us into that same btec cup.
    Take your luck and get fucked