Page 106 of 113 FirstFirst ... 6569699100101102103104105106107108109110111112113 LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1126

Thread: The demise of Manchester United

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    Although it took us 30 years. That is a long expanse of time. This thread was partially an intellection inquiry into the question of how long it could take them to return. It's a perfectly fair question
    And we lorded it for near 30 years before that in a way they never got close to Europe wise. This seems largely forgotten now. Most clubs still have scars from our utter supremacy in the 70s and 80s.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Artist reply, how fitting...
    Well you do seem to be very animated all of a sudden.

Effing and blinding all over the place.

Calm down dear. Uncle John is safe..... for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Well you do seem to be very animated all of a sudden.

Effing and blinding all over the place.

Calm down dear. Uncle John is safe..... for now.
    It's hard to digest your pro manu, pro city, pro chelsea musings over the season.

It's hard to digest your pro manu, pro city, pro chelsea musings over the season.
    Oh yes I love all 3 clubs...

Seriously how do you get to thinking that..? You have just named the 3 clubs I loathe ( United on another scale ) beyond all others.

How do you get me so completely wrong?

Agree - think Sid has got to the crux. It is basically that word ‘demise’ that worries the paranoid among us.
    Gotcha.

Well, Heihachi did fall to his "demise" when Kazuya chucks him off the cliff at the end of Tekken 1. Sure, he climbs up the cliff again for the King of Iron Fist Tournament for Tekken 2, but we're in that interim of Kazuya gloating and Lording it up with the control of the Mishima Zaibatsu.

Enjoy Kazuya's reign while it lasts and we'll worry about Heihachi later, even if we know that turd will never be (fully) flushed.

Demise is actually the perfect word. It is associated with the the end of a monarch’s reign and his succession.

Man City are now the dominant force on English football, replacing united. And we have also replaced them as the most decorated team in English history. That is their demise in two facts.

They are no longer the kings - everyone knows it and that includes footballers looking to play at the best clubs. It up to them to get back on that perch.

It can be used in a few ways BUT its primary use is to describe 'the end' - 'the death of'... That is why for me at least - it is wrongly used here and certainly should not be in the title.

@ Sid - As you say - in 2 years United will have gone a decade without a title.. So if they win next season or the season after - they will likely have won more silverware this last decade than us.

And also - you say how us finishing in the top 4 proves this “chatter” has no bearing - but it happened while many were lambasting this thread - and while even you were doubtful of us making it.

It bloody worked - don’t you see?

Surely you are learning the ropes at last?
    Oh yes I love all 3 clubs...

Seriously how do you get to thinking that..? You have just named the 3 clubs I loathe ( United on another scale ) beyond all others.

How do you get me so completely wrong?
    A few reasons

How you talk about the owners
    Roman/Mansours football lovers, not divesting their portfolios also.
    Not as bad as the glazers. An analysis of both clubs directions would not really justify that view imo. Ones on the up the other in decline, imo its no wonder manu fans would love to see the back of fsg. Even with united and all their net spend, many fans are pissed they didn't back Jose and get the players he needed when he finished second, even citing how klopp got his few last pieces of the jigsaw when he needed them.

Your fsg out whilst fretting about the use of words in a thread title, you have little concern about ousting the lucky owners, who in many senses are actually lucky owners, purchased club cheap, klopp, titles. They could have been a lot luckier in their tenure over the last decade, 3 titles, 2 cl and 1 el all pretty close potentially. Far closer than uniteds genuine title challenge this year. But for a corrupt man city, perhaps wed have had more luck.

You talk about my uncle John, who I have little interest in, but you go on like hes your uncle who violated the sanctity of your childhood. I just see that since their arrival we have progressed well, even prior to Klopp and massively since.
    When lfc win for me its unadulterated pleasure, when we lose it is shit.
    With you, it seems when we win its despite John the diddler, and when we lose it's great because you can lash out at the didler.

You go on about summer 2019 and resulting fatigue (tbc I've been very pro-signing players. Mbappe). When I've replied to you on this front regarding city and their slump you've refused to engage or consider their slump similarly.
    Yet over the last 3 seasons, as someone posted on here recently, if correct we have had the same points tally in the pl. 1 season we were both great, another 2 seasons where we've each walked the league.
    So with us it's a summer of no signings that caused a slump = uncle John. With city it's their not backing pep as city fans, ot perhaps a natural enough slump as such high standards are hard to maintain over successive seasons. I find it hard to accept pep hasn't been backed as city fans have stated.

In these last few pages, whilst theres room for interpretation or a loss of clarity in meaning from the texts, you're talking about Ole and uniteds genuine league challenge this year, we finished 5 points behind them.
    You are also talking about how over the next 2 seasons they could have won more trophies than us over the last decade. Ole could be the next Ferguson. That's a lot of hypothetical success coming their way, you are very charitable with them.

I would think you are joining the rest of us in roasting ole, but you go on so much about karma and the fuckin thread title, it's hard to think you're just having a laugh at their expense whilst berating others for having a laugh at their expense.

That's why I think theres a part of you that is gutted we made top4. Which is exactly how many of our rivals feel too.

It can be used in a few ways BUT its primary use is to describe 'the end' - 'the death of'... That is why for me at least - it is wrongly used here and certainly should not be in the title.
    But it is the death of their kingship.
    So you are being a bit Lilly livered there, Steveo. ‘Certainly should not’ is a very strong judgement and a bit much given the trivial nature and obscurity of this forum. They have experienced a demise, as we have done. The question asked was how deep a demise will it be, not whether they’ve had one.

A few reasons

How you talk about the owners
    Roman/Mansours football lovers, not divesting their portfolios also.
    Not as bad as the glazers. An analysis of both clubs directions would not really justify that view imo. Ones on the up the other in decline, imo its no wonder manu fans would love to see the back of fsg. Even with united and all their net spend, many fans are pissed they didn't back Jose and get the players he needed when he finished second, even citing how klopp got his few last pieces of the jigsaw when he needed them.

Your fsg out whilst fretting about the use of words in a thread title, you have little concern about ousting the lucky owners, who in many senses are actually lucky owners, purchased club cheap, klopp, titles. They could have been a lot luckier in their tenure over the last decade, 3 titles, 2 cl and 1 el all pretty close potentially. Far closer than uniteds genuine title challenge this year. But for a corrupt man city, perhaps wed have had more luck.

You talk about my uncle John, who I have little interest in, but you go on like hes your uncle who violated the sanctity of your childhood. I just see that since their arrival we have progressed well, even prior to Klopp and massively since.
    When lfc win for me its unadulterated pleasure, when we lose it is shit.
    With you, it seems when we win its despite John the diddler, and when we lose it's great because you can lash out at the didler.

You go on about summer 2019 and resulting fatigue (tbc I've been very pro-signing players. Mbappe). When I've replied to you on this front regarding city and their slump you've refused to engage or consider their slump similarly.
    Yet over the last 3 seasons, as someone posted on here recently, if correct we have had the same points tally in the pl. 1 season we were both great, another 2 seasons where we've each walked the league.
    So with us it's a summer of no signings that caused a slump = uncle John. With city it's their not backing pep as city fans, ot perhaps a natural enough slump as such high standards are hard to maintain over successive seasons. I find it hard to accept pep hasn't been backed as city fans have stated.

In these last few pages, whilst theres room for interpretation or a loss of clarity in meaning from the texts, you're talking about Ole and uniteds genuine league challenge this year, we finished 5 points behind them.
    You are also talking about how over the next 2 seasons they could have won more trophies than us over the last decade. Ole could be the next Ferguson. That's a lot of hypothetical success coming their way, you are very charitable with them.

I would think you are joining the rest of us in roasting ole, but you go on so much about karma and the fuckin thread title, it's hard to think you're just having a laugh at their expense whilst berating others for having a laugh at their expense.

That's why I think theres a part of you that is gutted we made top4. Which is exactly how many of our rivals feel too.

This post illustrates the problem I have with your "logic" and there is nobody more overjoyed with our last day qualification for top 4 than me. I went so far as to claim it was almost like winning a title in itself considering the position we were in.

But remember it was just that - Last day...& results needed to go our way as they did for weeks prior. But let's forget that and say it was all by design and pat uncle John on the back while we are at it ..

Club only just improving on the pitch post G&H & pre Klopp - yet you talk as though this has been part of a process.

You compare the slump at United with our recent success yet discount what they did win since the glazers took over. Not that I credit the Glazers at all - that was all Ferguson.

Every success we have you credit the owners and every poor season is nothing but the managers fault. The truth is surely closer to the middle here...?

Oh and you keep trying to wrongly suggest that I claimed United made a genuine title challenge.. carry on if it makes you feel better but anyone can read it.