Page 107 of 113 FirstFirst ... 75797100101102103104105106107108109110111112113 LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1126

Thread: The demise of Manchester United

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    We should laugh long and hard at any and all of their failings IMO as long as it stays within the confines of relatively harmless poking fun. They’ll rightly be pissing themselves at our ineptitude in the near future. So why worry about it. It’s inevitable.
    It’s football at the end of the day.
    I agree!

19 and 6 sure beats 20 and 3.

Hope Klopp and the boys can reach 20!

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    This post illustrates the problem I have with your "logic" and there is nobody more overjoyed with our last day qualification for top 4 than me. I went so far as to claim it was almost like winning a title in itself considering the position we were in.

But remember it was just that - Last day...& results needed to go our way as they did for weeks prior. But let's forget that and say it was all by design and pat uncle John on the back while we are at it ..

Club only just improving on the pitch post G&H & pre Klopp - yet you talk as though this has been part of a process.

You compare the slump at United with our recent success yet discount what they did win since the glazers took over. Not that I credit the Glazers at all - that was all Ferguson.

Every success we have you credit the owners and every poor season is nothing but the managers fault. The truth is surely closer to the middle here...?

Oh and you keep trying to wrongly suggest that I claimed United made a genuine title challenge.. carry on if it makes you feel better but anyone can read it.
    There are plenty of people who criticise the owners, with you though it seems pathological

Yes, the Glazers took over a succesful club and through their tenure they have managed a decline. That is the direction under their tutelage
    Fsg have brought the club forward, done some redevelopment with the stadium with more to come potentially and built a new training complex.

Klopp has been a godsend, not sure where you have generated this idea from. Then again you have a habit of generating funny notions.

Apologies if I misinterpreted you posting they were looking at a genuine league challenge (mathematically) a few weeks back, as you posting they were looking at a genuine league challenge mathematically a few weeks back
    However could I have come to some conclusion.

Klopp is the manager, he gets criticism from people about many aspects as it happens. Same with players, same with owners. I dont use any language like your uncle Klopp as I dont see any need for such language as I dont have any views similar to you and your fiddler uncle John needed to be introduced.

Us making top4 means the world to loads of people capping off a dour season by recent standards. One with no preseason, no real break of play for players to lose fitness and relax ahead of a new season. Var, no fans, bad luck with injuries and Everton being their thuggish self, on top of a squad who couldnt travel across Europe or the atlantic to see family and attend their parents funerals.

I'm extremely proud of our lads and what they've achieved. Some will need to do better next season though, that's the reality of this season.

In saying all that it's a pity Klopp didn't release Nat the cracken Philip's earlier

Please learn to read and comprehend simple English.

here is the quote...

"I know they are fluffing their lines - and long may that continue BUT just a few weeks ago United were genuinely in a position where a league title ( mathematically )and a European final win was on the cards."

Genuinely in a position is the FACT - they were genuinely in a position to win the title..

This is absolutely not the same as saying that they made a genuine challenge - which would mean they actually got close.

Last edited by Steveo; 28th May 2021 at 01:16 PM.

Can we not just agree that they are a bottling pack of cockwombles led by the wettest of wet wipe managers they could have hoped to pick, and enjoy it for now. They’re a fecking shambles.

They were on 66 points at 32 played while we were on 53 so - yea they sure did drop the ball.

Nobody would argue that point surely

Best way to settle this demise issue is for people to put their cock on the block.
    Who finishes highest next season. Us or them.
    Quite hard to call when put in those terms.
    A lot could happen in this summer's transfer window.

They were on 66 points at 32 played while we were on 53 so - yea they sure did drop the ball.

That was this season, they played a settled best 13-14 players throughout almost all of it, most other clubs bar City and Chelsea had numerous injuries to key players AND the clubs with smaller squads who usually cause more upsets because they have a full week to prepare for most games, didn't have that time and their small squads of players weren't physically used to playing 2 games a week in so many weeks

I don't think the filthy have improved, I think they simply benefitted from having all their best 11-14 players available and fit all season while all other clubs but 2 were significantly understrength and I expect next season will show that
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    That was this season, they played a settled best 13-14 players throughout almost all of it, most other clubs bar City and Chelsea had numerous injuries to key players AND the clubs with smaller squads who usually cause more upsets because they have a full week to prepare for most games, didn't have that time and their small squads of players weren't physically used to playing 2 games a week in so many weeks

I don't think the filthy have improved, I think they simply benefitted from having all their best 11-14 players available and fit all season while all other clubs but 2 were significantly understrength and I expect next season will show that
    Well let's hope so - and I have said similar to United fans...

So then when we finish above them we can take the piss without looking ridiculous.

I’ve lost track of what you’re arguing now, Steveo. They are pretty crap. There were plenty of calls for Solskjaer out at the start of the season, and quite a few now after another season of winning nothing.
    We’ve had a bad season. They have a wonderful net spend, in terms of how you seem to judge the behaviour of the owners. But it would still be a brave man who puts money on them to finish in the top three next year.

Not difficult really is it - as I was agreeing with eggy... But hey ho