Page 109 of 113 FirstFirst ... 95999102103104105106107108109110111112113 LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1126

Thread: The demise of Manchester United

I wonder if there's an option to change your team name?

Everton would be the first in the queue.. Toffees to bitters
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

What the club are doing, they’ve had those chaotic years with David Moyes, Louis Van Gaal and Jose Mourinho, chaotic in terms of the handling, chaotic in terms of the transfer strategy, very reactive," Neville started.

They’ve changed completely in the last three seasons, and I think what they’re looking at is the Sir Alex Ferguson era the first time around, when the club were mentioned, but also looking at Liverpool, that’s been mentioned a number of times.

"Jurgen Klopp was given time. He was progressing slowly year on year. If you look at the first 99 games of Solskjaer, which he’s had now, and the 99 games of Klopp, they are almost exact in terms of performance. 1.89 points per game for Klopp, 1.86 for Solskjaer, 4th ranking, 3rd for Solskjaer, Klopp 54% win percentage, Ole 53%. They’re neck and neck on everything.

Neville concedes that Klopp was able to perform relative miracles with a smaller transfer budget, converting previously underrated players into world-class talents, such as Andy Robertson and Mohamed Salah.

The outstanding thing with Klopp is that he did it with a £30m transfer profit," Neville added.
    "A great recruitment performance from the club and him. In Ole’s time at the club, they’ve spent £314m.

Neville attributes the current uptick in fortunes to a change in the way the club is being run

What those stats don’t show is the squads both picked up when they took over their jobs.

Statistically Neville is correct but you have to be pretty stupid to think Ole is going to be top drawer.

Ole is one of the problems at that club but the likes of Neville, Rio and Keane keep bigging him up which is good from a LFC point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    What those stats don’t show is the squads both picked up when they took over their jobs.

Statistically Neville is correct but you have to be pretty stupid to think Ole is going to be top drawer.

Ole is one of the problems at that club but the likes of Neville, Rio and Keane keep bigging him up which is good from a LFC point of view.
    One of the things that interests me is that Ole is probably not a better manager than David Moyes. It seems Fergie's original perception is being proven true with Moyes. Will be interesting to see how far West Ham go this season

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    One of the things that interests me is that Ole is probably not a better manager than David Moyes. It seems Fergie's original perception is being proven true with Moyes. Will be interesting to see how far West Ham go this season
    Or maybe Moyes is more suited to a club with moderate-to-low expectations?
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Neville reckons Utd are stronger than us this season. He says Utd can have a few injuries and still be really strong whereas a couple for us drops us in the shit.
    Like an inury to Fernandes doesn't completely fold that team. I love the Utd fans getting overexcited.
    Skys Neville and Carragher show is now really fucking boring. It's almost as if it's rehearsed.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Neville reckons Utd are stronger than us this season. He says Utd can have a few injuries and still be really strong whereas a couple for us drops us in the shit.
    Like an inury to Fernandes doesn't completely fold that team. I love the Utd fans getting overexcited.
    Skys Neville and Carragher show is now really fucking boring. It's almost as if it's rehearsed.
    2 knob heads. Particularly carra unfortunately

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    Or maybe Moyes is more suited to a club with moderate-to-low expectations?
    Possibly. Although Neville thinks that was a chaotic period inside the club and they have steadied the ship. If West Ham keep progressing we may get another chance to see him at a big club. Arsenal look like they could do with an angry Scotsman at the helm but I’d put money on him being above them this season