Page 14 of 113 FirstFirst ... 47891011121314151617181920212464 ... LastLast

Thread: The demise of Manchester United

You've got to laugh at saddo Keane, he was at it again on Sky today trying to load a combined team with their shower from 99, trust me, just go and watch a few youtubes and watch the standard of play in a lot of those games. Not being bad because it's them, but the game's moved on so much and it's never seen anything like the team pressing and numerous different ways of playing this Liverpool side has, I've never seen anything like it in 42 years of watching football, honestly in today's football a really good Championship side would turn that 99 filthy side over, a half decent Premier League side would easily put 2 or 3 past them, Hoever now makes Staam of 99 look bang average and our current side would absolute destroy them. Our team who knocked Everton out of the cup would destroy them, never mind our best 11.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Sir what is going on.. things is not going according to plan. u promiss early signing. noting happen. Man u 3 player now

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    Everton, City, Spurs, Sheffield their next League games.

Still feel their best chance of Champion's League qualification is a Europa League win as opposed to qualification via a good League finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Everton, City, Spurs, Sheffield their next League games.

Still feel their best chance of Champion's League qualification is a Europa League win as opposed to qualification via a good League finish.
    Got a feeling after all the underperforming Wolves have done against them in their league and Carabao Cup meetings they will meet Wolves in the Europa league and get bummed

Edit: Also, as back in whiskey faces day with officials, they won't have our referee's association ManchestVAR to rely on when they meet Wolves in the Europa League
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 24th February 2020 at 12:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    You've got to laugh at saddo Keane, he was at it again on Sky today trying to load a combined team with their shower from 99, trust me, just go and watch a few youtubes and watch the standard of play in a lot of those games. Not being bad because it's them, but the game's moved on so much and it's never seen anything like the team pressing and numerous different ways of playing this Liverpool side has, I've never seen anything like it in 42 years of watching football, honestly in today's football a really good Championship side would turn that 99 filthy side over, a half decent Premier League side would easily put 2 or 3 past them, Hoever now makes Staam of 99 look bang average and our current side would absolute destroy them. Our team who knocked Everton out of the cup would destroy them, never mind our best 11.
    Behave.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    Behave.
    Oh I am behaving, you might wish to go back and watch some youtubes of games in that season so you are able to see the huge disparity in the quality of overall play and players.

The organisation, tactical play, pressing and counter pressing, analysis based knowledge of how best to deal with certain players and on opposition set pieces is light years ahead of where it was then in the current game.

Look at the full backs and consider how many players of the abilities players currently have now they would have regularly faced, name them if you can, there were barely any if any at all Mane's, Salah's, Jota's, Traore's, Rashford's, Mahrez's, Sterling's, B Silva's, Sane's, Willian's or even Saha's, Hudson-Odoi's

Lots of exerts of Staam's defending, he was great in his day, but lots of mistakes, lots of him getting beaten easily, by players with lesser abilities than the above.

Look at the time players were afforded on the ball, the kind of pressing we see in today's game wasn't even in the game then, they would be beaten soundly by most sides in the top half of the current table.

It's why I think combined teams and comparisons like that are daft, the game constantly moves on, fitness levels and athleticism are far greater in the modern game also, the analysis and tactical play and set ups, all of it.

I look at the standards of the game in both eras, look at the evolution of the game and players in all aspects and genuinely believe our 11 would simply destroy them, Mane, Salah and Bobby in combination are miles better than anything they ever faced and individually. Our press and counter press would simply destroy that side

Also, no idea why Carra didn't set Keane straight, on two separate occassions, Keane has asked what Liverpool have won this season, they've already won the Super Cup and WCC, trophies you can only win both of by virtue of being European Champions, Keane can't simply discount them because Whiskey faces side only managed 2 Champions League wins to be able to compete in them in his 26 years at the filthy, they are more important trophies than the FA or Carabao Cup

This I'd the single greatest team in the history of football. Period. No other team comes close.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    This I'd the single greatest team in the history of football. Period. No other team comes close.
    Does that mean if atletico knock us out they're the greatest team ever?

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Does that mean if atletico knock us out they're the greatest team ever?
    Suppose it must. We haven't even won a league title yet and peeps ate losing their shit about us so it must be the same for them.