Page 17 of 113 FirstFirst ... 71011121314151617181920212223242767 ... LastLast

Thread: The demise of Manchester United

@ Everyone... You never know in football. Fergie started worse than Ole..

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    I see Utd have turned another corner.

That’s nice.

Pity they’re in a maze.
    Fa Cup quarter-finalists.
    Europa League last-16.
    3 points off 4th.
    5th may be enough for Champion's League football.

Only takes Champion's League football and cash in the right area for a couple of windows for them to become an annoyance again.

Don't see them winning the League in the next 3-5 seasons, but I frankly was rather hoping they would go 5 seasons in a row without Champion's League football - looks less likely now, seeing as Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal seemingly can't get anything together.

Come on Wolves! Come on Sheffield!

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    The season wouldn't be a failure, but it'd be disappointing if they knock us out.
    For a first league title in 30 years I'd gladly watch Atletico bum us 10-0

Quote Originally Posted by pob View Post
    For a first league title in 30 years I'd gladly watch Atletico bum us 10-0
    Me too.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    I see Utd have turned another corner.

That’s nice.

Pity they’re in a maze.
    Exactly. Doesn't take much for the hype train to start up again. They got a result against a City side that have thrown the towel in on the title ages ago.
    If City are only a few points off that's a different game completely.

They've turned so many corners the last year that they've turned it into a circle.

They are 40 points behind us.

Solksjaer's not behind their moderate improvement anyway, it's Whiskey faces old coach Mike Phelan who's still there pulling the strings, setting the team and tactics up, no doubt about that at all, they'll get bummed by Spurs anyway and let's not pretend their ManchestVAR team haven't been giving them a helping hand, they'd be 8th right now and 9 points behind Chelsea but for ManchestVAR in their recent game v Chelsea, take into account the 2 points they got from their games v us and the bitters courtesy of dodgy ManchestVAR and they'd be 9th on just 40 points
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I think City's ban will be upheld, but, I think the timing of their CAS case will mean that it doesn't take effect until the 2021-2022 season, so 5th won't get a Champions League spot this season

I think Chelsea will finish the season stronger than the filthy, Lampard's belatedly started playing Giroud and a 433 and using Barkley as a No8 as we use Gini and Loftus-Cheek is back now and will need games and he'll make them stronger as a No8 on the other side, he's started playing Alonso too, so he's got more experience and know how in defence, midfield and up top now

The filthy haven't been very good at all at any point in the Prem this season when they've had to attack teams and try and break them down, games where they can park the bus and try and counter seem to be what they're best at

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I think City's ban will be upheld, but, I think the timing of their CAS case will mean that it doesn't take effect until the 2021-2022 season, so 5th won't get a Champions League spot this season

I think Chelsea will finish the season stronger than the filthy, Lampard's belatedly started playing Giroud and a 433 and using Barkley as a No8 as we use Gini and Loftus-Cheek is back now and will need games and he'll make them stronger as a No8 on the other side, he's started playing Alonso too, so he's got more experience and know how in defence, midfield and up top now

The filthy haven't been very good at all at any point in the Prem this season when they've had to attack teams and try and break them down, games where they can park the bus and try and counter seem to be what they're best at
    If we win the Champions League, does fifth place qualify?
    Sir what is going on.. things is not going according to plan. u promiss early signing. noting happen. Man u 3 player now

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    If we win the Champions League, does fifth place qualify?
    No, I believe the only way we can get 5 teams in the competition is if a team wins in but they finish outside the top four or one of our clubs winning the Europa League