Page 58 of 113 FirstFirst ... 84851525354555657585960616263646568108 ... LastLast

Thread: The demise of Manchester United

Wow, Romero on 50k ain't half bad. Good keeper.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    £545,000 a week.

On 3 goalkeepers.

De Gea £375,000
    Henderson £120,000
    Romero £50,000

That is beyond silly.
    They can afford it, seemingly.

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    For now.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Once again, isn't the FFP stipulation, for which Man City's activities are particularly under the spotlight over, not a matter of what they can afford - i.e. what the Sheik wants to put in - but rather a case of what the club could afford should the Sheik leave?

So if his wages of say 2 million pounds a week take their outgoings above their incomings, they are no longer in line with FFP rules.

p.s. and before anyone calls me naive for imagining they have to adhere to the rules, if they want to break the rules, don't they have to at least pretend that Messi's wages would be covered by the same increase in their sponsorship revenue?

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    I believe Maguire story more than the Greek cops.

Im not saying he hasnt punched someone but from a disturbing case my brothers side of the family had to go through in Greece its made me very wary of them and the way they act.
    Innocent now until proven guilty.
    Hope he has taken the right advice. Fear for his career if he does not prove himself.
    But...
    Why is he not pressing charges with regard to that serious assault on his girlfriend/sister.
    Being injected with anything in such circumstances fills me with dread. I can understand if that was the incident that kicked it all off but why not demand hospital treatment and justice? Should have been some massive fight after such an incident.
    Where are his battle wounds? Says he feared he was being kidnapped and was in fear for his life! Should have been some further furious battle seeing as Harry and Co look quite big lads yet nothing obvious to show off to the press.
    Says he had his legs beaten (stand to be corrected) yet Harry and Co walked down those quite spectacular steps of that quite spectacular building the day after imprisonment without any obvious problems.
    Says he was handcuffed - ouch - those hurt and leave scars for quite a few days - he was not showing them off.
    Gave a long interview on BBC Radio without much substance to add.
    Says he would gladly go back to that place. Girlfriend/sister attacked with a needle?
    We have had had people in the wrong place at the wrong time aka Fowler and Gerard.

The scum have agreed a £40 million fee for Van Der Beek

Good transfer for them.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Aye - and will defo keep Ole’s pecker up...

I suppose better Ole than Poch... silver linings and all that.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

So much to laugh at with this lot at the moment.

They chased "Superstar" managerial experience with Van Gaal and Mourinho and didn't get the desired result.

They chased the more proven/experienced players in World Football (Pogba, Sanchez, Falcao, Di Maria, Valdes, Lukaku, Matic, Schweinsteiger) and that strategy didn't really work.

They then targeted "on the cusp" players who should have gotten much better ( Martial, Fred, Bailly, Schneiderlin, Depay, Mkhitaryan) and that didn't quite work out either.

Now they have a lot of younger English players, coupled with the odd signing from abroad like Fernandes and although they got Top Four, their points total off 66 didn't exactly represent progress.

Lindelöf is under contract until 2024, Maguire until 2025, with Bailly, Jones and Smalling the other options - a combined £170m or so on transfer fees there, not to mention Bailly has made 54 League appearances over the course of four(?) seasons or indeed the wages for these players.

The mind boggles. They MIGHT get Sancho but Honestly they have much bigger issues right now. A wry chuckle at their expense is certainly fun - they may hope Arteta doesn't get to grips with the Arsenal job and that Chelsea fail to live up to the expectations of their recent transfer activity.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay