Page 68 of 113 FirstFirst ... 185861626364656667686970717273747578 ... LastLast

Thread: The demise of Manchester United

In complete honesty (in case there's any Mancs hawking) I think Ole is doing a fine job and they are improving and he just needs a few more years like they gave Whiskey face until he cracked it, there is no quick fix for their issues and sacking Ole now will only make things worse, so they should just stick with him
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Genuine question - who'd be the worst (for us) manager they could get in? Allegri? Poch? Zidane?
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Genuine question - who'd be the worst (for us) manager they could get in? Allegri? Poch? Zidane?
    Nagelsmann

They'd fair far better if they just offloaded Pogba
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by LFC vs PFC View Post
    Nagelsmann
    Uffff, hadn't thought about that one. Nah fuck that, you think he'd go there? Turned down RM post Zidane (I think that's when it was), as "it wasn't the right time" and "you only get one chance at a club like that" or some such malarky.

Agree about the Pogba thing. They should have shipped him off to Real pre COVID while he still had value and there was enough money to buy him. Now they're stuck with him.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by LFC vs PFC View Post
    Nagelsmann

Was just going to say.

He's a builder and is used to working with rough cuts and undiscovered gems and polishing them to produce a solid unit.

The others than Balin mentioned are all used to working with legit stars (maybe less so Poch), and would also require the sort of investment that the Manc. hierarchy might not be willing to stomach right now even with a desire to catch up to us.

Plus, he's young.
    With proper support and backing he could really build and establish something from the ground up.

Unfortunately for him (and fortunately for us) their fanbase still don't realize that they're still in a rebuilding phase and those usually take time.
    And they certainly won't have the patience to sit and wait for him to get all the pieces together and playing under his system while winning nothing for a couple of years.
    They'd be braying for him to be fired and replaced ASAP within a year of not wining anything.

We did (have the patience) with Klopp''s first two years (Even though to took us to two cup finals in his first year). Granted we had already been softened from the Hodgson/Gillet/Hicks era and were prepared for that sort of wait.

As for who would get them winning almost right away, I'd say Zidane + one or two more stars to that lineup (a Haaland and/or a Sancho along with a proper Center Back and not whatever they've got back there).

Zidanes not going anywhere, so Poch it is.
    Last edited by Crimson Dynasty; 4th November 2020 at 09:32 PM.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

A fine spot of trolling (by a Reds fan I suspect) on the Beeb Live scores page, texting in....

"Ted: Contract extension for OGS surely! Building a team takes time & money, of which he’s had neither!"

Good lad, Ted.
    (...because you just know he's reading this forum)

And don't think for a second I didn't see exactly what you did there.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Uffff, hadn't thought about that one. Nah fuck that, you think he'd go there? Turned down RM post Zidane (I think that's when it was), as "it wasn't the right time" and "you only get one chance at a club like that" or some such malarky.

Agree about the Pogba thing. They should have shipped him off to Real pre COVID while he still had value and there was enough money to buy him. Now they're stuck with him.
    He was right to turn that offer (to RM) down then.

That Real Madrid that Zidane left then was not the same one he's managing now.
    It was an aging team losing its biggest star (and arguably one of the world's two best players still at his prime......even now), along with several of the other (aging) stars who helped them win 3 straight Champs Leagues.

They've quietly reloaded and stocked up on younger stars to go with some of the veterans in the time that Zidane has been away and come back, but as 'what's-his-name-who-replaced-Zidane' found out harshly immediately,.....that wasn't the best time to step into those shoes.
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Yeah, also think he was right, but doesn't that suggest he might think twice about jumping over to United? He won't get a lot of time there either, plus his squad won't be amazing (albeit better than their results would suggest).
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Steven Gerrard