Page 70 of 113 FirstFirst ... 206063646566676869707172737475767780 ... LastLast

Thread: The demise of Manchester United

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    I hope you're right, but I'm not too sure. They did put together an impressive run at the end of last season to get into the top four. The squad can't be that bad. Lots of rumours going around that they've made an approach for Poch. Sadly, he'll get the best out of the players.
    Yep - I think they have plenty of decent players - not perhaps in the right areas but they could be doing a ton better than they are. Don't want Poch anywhere near them.

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    I hope you're right, but I'm not too sure. They did put together an impressive run at the end of last season to get into the top four. The squad can't be that bad. Lots of rumours going around that they've made an approach for Poch. Sadly, he'll get the best out of the players.
    Still an element of luck there mind in terms of what was around them -

18/19 they got 66 points and finished 6th.
    19/20 they got 66 points and finished 3rd.

Do I foresee them getting more than 66 points this season? Nah, not really - yet could still get them Top Four if everyone else is rubbish, which, thus far, doesn't necessarily look the case.

EDIT: Funny how they're linked with Pochettino prior to a match against Everton, before an international break. Very reminiscent of ourselves with Rodgers/Klopp.
    Last edited by Insidious; 5th November 2020 at 06:38 PM.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

I read today that if you take away the penalties from Ole's tenure as Utd boss.
    His win ratio is, wait for it..... 18%
    Offender Of The Offended...!!

It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!

Nooo, that can't possibly be right... can it? Do you have a source?
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

But as it is Solskjaer has a better record in his first 100 games at Man Utd than Jurgen Klopp did at Liverpool...

* includes cup matches.

Quote Originally Posted by stevie harkness View Post
    But as it is Solskjaer has a better record in his first 100 games at Man Utd than Jurgen Klopp did at Liverpool...

* includes cup matches.
    Obviously Ole is the better manager, give him 3 years and he'll be the first Pl manager to win the sextuple. Following year a septuble.

Its gonna be unbearable

i saw a rumour tha they have approached Poch.......Seems the obvious choice to me.......but hopefully Ole has set them back enough that Poch wont be able to stop the rot.....

I'll be honest, I'm a bit scared of Poch going there. Allegri might be a better choice for us.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Anything short of victory over Everton on Saturday will mean the club record their worst start to a Premier League season at the seven-game mark.

Despite the poor position, Solskjaer says he is confident his players will react at Goodison Park.

“There are demands on a Man United player, coach and manager," he added. "There is an expectation. We have to be tough mentally.

"We are the best and biggest club in the world. [After Wednesday] we didn't expect anything but criticism. It is how you deal with it.

“The boys are ready for a reaction. We are all hurt. It is never easy when you lose two games on the bounce but that is football."

They've won 2 league games against Brighton (a match they should have lost) and Newcastle. They haven't won against decent opposition in the league yet and with Hames back for Everton I don't think that will change this weekend