Page 76 of 113 FirstFirst ... 266669707172737475767778798081828386 ... LastLast

Thread: The demise of Manchester United

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    TBF they've been fucking Hilarious to watch and listen too these past few seasons.
    We've taken a lot for 30 years a little payback is aloud.
    Fair point

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    9 away wins
    2nd half performances
    And coming from behind
    They're suited well for a counter-attacking set-up actually.

If they could get over their "WE'RE MAN UNITED" and take a leaf out of the Benitez-era-Liverpool-in-Europe handbook, they could be pretty impressive. But their support has the entitled mentality of Real Madrid fans by-and-large so the weight of expectation to do things "teh United weigh" is a noose around their neck.

Still. 2 points off top, still able to qualify in Europe. They have turned one of their infamous corners. The next slip-up will undoubtedly provide good entertainment, always does.

As to having a thread on them - so what - historic rival and we took all the flack of the day from them for years, plus their fall is not unlike ours in some ways - they'll inevitably come up in chat and I think it's better having a dedicated thread for the inevitable than them cropping up in a heap of other threads.

It's all good banter.
    And I doubt they will slip into the championship like they did (division 2) in 1974 .

Spurs in the 70s
    Chelsea 70s and 80s ... early 90s ?

All doing that.

Arsenal the longest not since 1913.

Liverpool since 1962
    - only x2 finishing 8th (1963 1994) as the lowest position.

The "demise" is to do with not having a monopoly on transfers and the money.

ManU were spending £30m in the 00s on players.

Nobody had the finances then to compete.

In 26 years rednise won the EC only 2 in 26 attempts.

Still ManU are far away from any kind of sustainable title push.

This season a top 5 with Arsenal around 10th. Even Everton are better than the gooners.

I suspect LFC MANC CHELSEA and SPURS to challenge for the title.

1st indicator after New year.

2nd in March.

Then the run in who has the stamina and fit bodies ... I doubt Liverpool will see a cup run.

At least this season to World Club championship. No travelling now until March. (U23s to Denmark)

I don't get this whole "oh we shouldn't talk about our rivals, it makes us look bad" schtick. Man United are along with LFC the biggest club in the land. They are basically the ultimate evil - infinite money, a huge fanbase, a big name and quite a bit of history by normal club standards. If they start running well, everyone is in huge trouble.

Not to mention the fact that they're local rivals!

Of course we'll talk about them ffs.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    Liverpool since 1962
    - only x2 finishing 8th (1963 1994) as the lowest position.
    Hate to nit-pick as it was a good post, but you can add 11/12 to that as we finished 8th that season too.

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    I don't get this whole "oh we shouldn't talk about our rivals, it makes us look bad" schtick. Man United are along with LFC the biggest club in the land. They are basically the ultimate evil - infinite money, a huge fanbase, a big name and quite a bit of history by normal club standards. If they start running well, everyone is in huge trouble.

Where's the everton thread? more local, more funny?!?

Man city? more money owned by oil biggest rivals lately if not stuck in the past

this was only started early this year, so before this wasn't a topic about them, Like I said should be fast improving now! yay!

Fernandes (who's shit apparently) has created 35 chances, next best (who's shit too apparently) is Kevin with 28 chances created

all UTD need is a CB and a proper forward then they're up there again

Quick browse on other forums I can't see a topic about us! they're too bothered with own club!

Thank god klopp is!and not thinking about other clubs all the time he has the attitude fk everyone else and fair play!!!!
    Last edited by Kev0909; 6th December 2020 at 11:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Where's the everton thread? more local, more funny?!?

Man city? more money owned by oil biggest rivals lately if not stuck in the past

this was only started early this year, so before this wasn't a topic about them, Like I said should be fast improving now! yay!

Fernandes (who's shit apparently) has created 35 chances, next best (who's shit too apparently) is Kevin with 28 chances created

all UTD need is a CB and a proper forward then they're up there again

Quick browse on other forums I can't see a topic about us! they're too bothered with own club!

Thank god klopp is!and not thinking about other clubs all the time he has the attitude fk everyone else and fair play!!!!
    Anyone who thinks Fernandes and or KDB wouldn't improve our midfield need to take their LFC glasses off.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Thought this thread may turn funny at some point, not sure why we have a 75 page thread about man utd but oh well
    Because they’re our biggest rivals and we are interested to see wether the experience of chronic, protracted decline that we went through will be repeated with them. They are the only other team that can experience it.

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post

"If they start running well eveyone is in trouble".
    Do you think they ever said that about Liverpool? Genuine question, I wonder if they ever did because we're kind of the same. It just took us far too long to actually realise and get our shit together.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Anyone who thinks Fernandes and or KDB wouldn't improve our midfield need to take their LFC glasses off.
    In the summer we bought Thiago who in terms of complimenting and evolving what we already have and that he is also better than both in the press and without the ball is a much better player for what we need, unfortunately fuck face Richarlieson nobbled him, which would never have happened if the VAR twats had ensured Prickford was sent off as he should have been
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”