Page 78 of 113 FirstFirst ... 286871727374757677787980818283848588 ... LastLast

Thread: The demise of Manchester United

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Where's the everton thread? more local, more funny?!?

Man city? more money owned by oil biggest rivals lately if not stuck in the past

this was only started early this year, so before this wasn't a topic about them, Like I said should be fast improving now! yay!

Fernandes (who's shit apparently) has created 35 chances, next best (who's shit too apparently) is Kevin with 28 chances created

all UTD need is a CB and a proper forward then they're up there again

Quick browse on other forums I can't see a topic about us! they're too bothered with own club!

Thank god klopp is!and not thinking about other clubs all the time he has the attitude fk everyone else and fair play!!!!
    Everton have not been a rival in terms of results for 30 years -> no thread. Man City are not a rival in a historic sense -> no thread. The Man United - Liverpool rivalry is on another level. It's the island's equivalent to... I dunno - the Milan-Juve-Inter triumvirate / Der Klassiker and to a lesser extent El Classico. Liverpool - Everton is not. And LFC - MCFC is like LFC - CFC except even less intense.

There have been numerous topics about United on here over the years. Always there's someone deriding those who open them for making us appear "small-time"... utter nonsense. Yes, the thread's title is wishful thinking more than anything else, but the debate in it is largely about how they're doing.

The "Fernandes is shite" is... stupid. I don't think I've seen anyone say that on here for any length of time. If you need a reason to bash your fellow forumites, there's plenty of real ones. This is not one of them.

Why does it matter what other forums have?
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    "If they start running well eveyone is in trouble".
    Do you think they ever said that about Liverpool? Genuine question, I wonder if they ever did because we're kind of the same. It just took us far too long to actually realise and get our shit together.
    Yes. I don't think Fergie was ever afraid of Arsenal or Chelsea. Not long term. He only feared us awaking from the long slumber. We have / at the time had the same fanbase in terms of size and we have / had the history over them. They needed to win and win big and also accumulate the basically infinite money they now have.

Thanks to that bottomless pit of cash which we didn't have post our golden era, they are now a bit scarier to us than we were to them I'd reckon.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Yes. I don't think Fergie was ever afraid of Arsenal or Chelsea. Not long term. He only feared us awaking from the long slumber. We have / at the time had the same fanbase in terms of size and we have / had the history over them. They needed to win and win big and also accumulate the basically infinite money they now have.

Thanks to that bottomless pit of cash which we didn't have post our golden era, they are now a bit scarier to us than we were to them I'd reckon.
    It's funny that you've said that line actually because I think it was Peter Robinson thr former LFC chairman from back in th day, he said the almost exact sane thing. If they ever get their act together we are in trouble were his words I think.
    You're right about Ferguson,he had that in built fear of us. It's what drove him. It all started when we spanked his Aberdeen team 6-1 in the early 80s.
    As much as we hate one another we need one another too. Rivalries are what makes football great.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    They are absolutely obsessed with us on red cafe. It runs both ways.
    Totally. They like to think its one way though but theyve got more obsessive as the years have gone by l I think. The dwindling of success is part of it, something we can relate too.

@tees

Ah, cool, didn't know about the chairman. Or maybe I did but have forgotten and am now passing it off as my own wisdom.

The point is we should be wary.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Rivalries are what makes football great.
    I agree! The idea that we need to not talk about our rivals in case they actually end up succeeding is timid and superstitious. We are just talking about what's going on in our world. If they get their act together, we will have not option but to be impressed. But look at José at Spurs now - no doubt his positive effect at Spurs will have them at Utd a bit confused..

I haven't seen a thread on the European league thing. I did see a survey that only 30% of Liverpool fans favoured the idea. I am dead against it because a game against Wolves means much more to me than a game against Lyon, Atalanta or Leipzig.

Interestingly Arsenal fans were by far the most enthusiastic (I think it was over 50%), which I think tells you something about their demographic in North London and how unrooted they are in local rivalries.
    Sir what is going on.. things is not going according to plan. u promiss early signing. noting happen. Man u 3 player now

The joke that keeps on being funny.. Pogbas agent as now come out on twitter
    "Its over and he wants to leave"
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

I am shocked. Shocked I tell you.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    The joke that keeps on being funny.. Pogbas agent as now come out on twitter
    "Its over and he wants to leave"
    Pogba HAS to stay, he's such a brilliant disruptive influence
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Come on Leipzig
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”