Page 84 of 113 FirstFirst ... 347477787980818283848586878889909194 ... LastLast

Thread: The demise of Manchester United

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    Stop the season NOW

Give the title to Liverpool

See where we're at after 25 games. If they do end up in a "title race" with us it will be exciting at least - not really had anything close to one with them since 08/09 and even then they always had 2 games in hand.

Besides, they'll have to juggle the Europa as well, plus if Fernandes injures himself diving they lose half their creativity.

We're the better team, with the more recent title-winning DNA. We'll deal with it if the worst happens, but have Faith in how strong we are.

Be interested to see who we get to ref us in the Man-united game in 3 weeks. I bet you now its Atkinson.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

If we get players back from injury and don't have another injury crisis this season, we should retain the title easily.
    Offender Of The Offended...!!

It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    If we get players back from injury and don't have another injury crisis this season, we should retain the title easily.
    You say that but apart from VVD who will be out most of the season, and gomez - both long term injury's

who are we missing from starting 11?

Jota maybe, although he's not nailed on as klopp seems to prefer firmino anyway

Matip- hopefully won't miss too many games (but what's new)

Thiago-- still can't really say much about him eitherway, but you'd think he'd make the starting x11 when fit

The rest are squad players, does screw the depth up though, certain players need to be replaced.

It took us 30 years to win the title again with a couple of false dawns. Of course we fear Man Utd will win it at the first serious attempt but it's more likely they'll have a near miss. I don't mind them finishing second to us.

@Kev - injuries don't jus hurt your starting 11. They hurt your depth. Ox, Keita and Shaq will provide much needed cover in the final two thirds of the pitch as well as a spark of "something else" from the bench in tough games.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    @Kev - injuries don't jus hurt your starting 11. They hurt your depth. Ox, Keita and Shaq will provide much needed cover in the final two thirds of the pitch as well as a spark of "something else" from the bench in tough games.
    "The rest are squad players, does screw the depth up though, certain players need to be replaced"

Doubt they'd get into the team anyway, maybe the 85th min...

only in cup games which we get knocked out of.

Maybe ox would start more when fit... bit with thiago wij and henderson who you replacing? when all fit obvs we've managed to cope in midfield eitherway especially if we sort CB area then you have fabinho in the mix too

Just need to get rid of some players and a few in that aren't injured half the season, then we're good

It's not every season / period we get this amount of injury's and sadly, squad players have let us down when we've needed them most by being injury prone, they need to go end of, i'd give ox a chance mind origi isn't good enough / isn't arsed, shaqiri can fuck right off, i've had enough, keita is going to be keita same with matip I can't see that changing, and hopefully Ox has had all his long term injury's for the rest of his career...

Hopefully gomez will be ok with a squad/cover role in the future as he can play along the back4, sadly I don't think he'll ever get back to his best
    Last edited by Kev0909; 30th December 2020 at 02:59 PM.

I though that by "replaced" you meant sold, my bad.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    I though that by "replaced" you meant sold, my bad.
    No problem i'm just having a rant again

Fed up of players stealing a living, it's been going on for to long here, and they get rewarded with medals for it??

they are not there when we need them most, i'm done with the lot of em, but sadly this ain't football manager/fifa

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Be interested to see who we get to ref us in the Man-united game in 3 weeks. I bet you now its Atkinson.
    I'd be more worried about who is looking at the VAR